Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Default (preset) dim level request

Default (preset) dim level request

Bought the bridge with two in-wall dimmers. Installed the bridge and one dimmer in my office to try it out. Installation of both bridge and dimmer went very well. Homekit integration works well. One feature I am missing on the dimmer though is a default dim level. The Pico remote does have the feature but the in-wall dimmer does not. As I am using the Maestro dimmers currently and they do have this feature, I can not go beyond my trial and roll out Caseta dimmers to the rest of my house.

Lutron, any thoughts on this? Will this be offered on future versions of the Caseta dimmers? Any ideas on implementing a work around through the app?

Anyone else, any thoughts on this which may help me in my quest? I would really like to expand as I do like the system but currently it will not fly with the other people in my house without the default dim level feature.

Thanks.

This is one of my biggest gripes with Caseta.

When the device is off just hit the up arrow on the dimmer once. That should send it to the default trim level just like the pico center button does. You should also notice that the up button is embossed with a little tactile nipple if fumbling in the dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Tlp123 View Post
    When the device is off just hit the up arrow on the dimmer once. That should send it to the default trim level...
    Assuming that the trim level can be adjusted to any level, that would be a clever hack to create a default preset level. The downside, of course, is that you could never dim the light below that level.

...just like the pico center button does.
    That's not how the center Pico button works. That's a preset that can be set to any level (it defaults to 50%).

Quote Originally Posted by asherrick View Post
    Assuming that the trim level can be adjusted to any level, that would be a clever hack to create a default preset level. The downside, of course, is that you could never dim the light below that level.

That's not how the center Pico button works. That's a preset that can be set to any level (it defaults to 50%).
    I haven't messed with my trim levels yet but out the box it the dimmer does not go to the default trim level of the pico (50%) when you click on the up arrow once. I confirmed this by looking at the percentage state on the iphone app in real time. This may be hard to change if at all since the dimmer is hardwired to the light and is direct while the pico wireless and in my config it goes through the smart hub.

Although I am a huge fan of tactile nipples I am afraid that this does not match the functionality of the Pico remote.

I guess we have to wait for a new version of the in wall dimmer. Come on Lutron!!!!!

Lutron Technical Support
    I haven't messed with my trim levels yet but out the box it the dimmer does not go to the default trim level of the pico (50%) when you click on the up arrow once. I confirmed this by looking at the percentage state on the iphone app in real time. This may be hard to change if at all since the dimmer is hardwired to the light and is direct while the pico wireless and in my config it goes through the smart hub.
    If you tap the up arrow on the dimmer, the dimmer will only dim the lights up for however long you hold that arrow. It will not go to 50%, unless you keep holding it until you get to the 50% level.

Lutron Technical Support
    Quote Originally Posted by Sforsten View Post
    Although I am a huge fan of tactile nipples I am afraid that this does not match the functionality of the Pico remote.

I guess we have to wait for a new version of the in wall dimmer. Come on Lutron!!!!!
    Requests for an in-wall Caseta dimmer with a center favorite button have been forwarded to our engineering design department.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian W. View Post
    Requests for an in-wall Caseta dimmer with a center favorite button have been forwarded to our engineering design department.
    Thank you. Appreciate your reply.

I hope you don't mind but I won't start holding my breath just yet.

10. Thanks wkearney99 thanked for this post
    Likes wkearney99 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian W. View Post
    Better yet how about a firmware update to address this short coming. If you press both the UP/DN at the same time it goes to the favorite setting. I have had to rethink where I put my dimmer and pico based on the use of the favorite button.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast