Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Default (preset) dim level request

I will be returning approx 30 devices tomorrow because this system cannot remember the last trim level used. A shame for Lutron to cripple Caseta so that Ra2 remains functionally superior because of marketing/positioning reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by mike9186 View Post
    I will be returning approx 30 devices tomorrow because this system cannot remember the last trim level used. A shame for Lutron to cripple Caseta so that Ra2 remains functionally superior because of marketing/positioning reasons.
    Ditto - the lack of a preset trim level on the in wall dimmer is ludicrous. Every dimmer we've had has had this function. We have had dozens of Meastros in our last home but my wife is so frustrated by the lack of a preset trim on Casetas in our new house, we are dictching the whole system and getting Meastros.

No activity in this thread for quite some time. Any update on this topic would be appreciated as I am currently holding off expanding my home installation until I have a clear indication where Caseta is going with respect to this topic.

Come on Lutron, be smart and listen to your customers, give them the functionality they need by making this a full functional home solution without the need for expensive e.g. Ra2 installations!

Lutron Technical Support
    The development engineers have been alerted to multiple customers requesting both a preset button and the dimmer being able to return to the last level it was at before it was turned off. Lutron doesn't discuss upcoming developments, or new releases of its products, until closer to (or on) the release date of the product. Please stay tuned for any further announcements of products.

I just purchased a Caseta dimmer/bridge bundle and I'm astonished that the return to the last brightness level is not provided in these dimmers. My house is chock full of "dumb" Lutron dimmers that have this feature -- and we love them.

Is it possible that the dimmer has this functionality and it is simply not exposed on the dimmer switches? In other words, is there a hub or application out there that will support this?

When I turn them on via Alexa, they go full brightness. I can select a brightness level via IFTTT, but do not see how to return them to a preset: the level is a parameter in the recipe. Do tell, is there something out there that will automate this?

If not, I'm afraid I'm going to have to look elsewhere for smart dimmers. I think this will just be a deal-breaker for me.

Any pointers greatly appreciated.

-Kong

Kong, your only option at this point is to use PICO remotes. See more here.

https://forums.lutron.com/showthread...setting?p=8859

Thank you, veeeh. This is very unfortunate. I really hate returning this because it's not the seller's fault.

I perhaps should have done some more research before purchasing, but I have to admit that I never suspected that Lutron would do anything so stupid (or, as some others have hinted, so customer-hostile).

I've purchased a lot of Lutron products over the years, but it looks like someone else is going to be getting the business for my HA projects.

I've recently submitted feedback to Lutron requesting this feature be added. I was told that the suggestion would be passed along to the engineering team. Having used Maestro dimmer switches for years, the lack of this feature was almost a deal-breaker for my family. Adding in the capability to "double-tap" the ON button for full brightness would make sense, as this is the same behaviour as the Maestro brand that most people are familiar with. I'm hopeful that a firmware/software update can address this.

If you haven't yet done so, I encourage you to let Lutron know your desire to have this addressed. You can submit feedback thru the Caseta app. Hopefully people who are dissatisfied with this feature gap make enough noise to be heard.

+1 on this feature request folks. I would settle for the switch remembering the last brightness setting used. Our existing Lutron switches do that. Being able to set a default brightness for the "on" buttons would be even better. In a household where one person wants to use HomeKit and the other wants to use the switches as they always have, this is key. We are using incandescents due to the lack of a good LED alternative for our recessed lighting fixtures. Adjusting the trim made 100% a little less painfully bright. But, that's just a stop gap.

Otherwise, the installation process was completely straightforward. Thanks everyone!

I am super perplexed to see that no one has mentioned the PD-5NE? It has the same interface as the PICOs, where the center button remember a preset dimming level for connected lights. It does require a neutral, but it's worth wiring a neutral anyways as more LED bulbs are compatible with the dimmer with neutrals. What is needed here that the PD-5NE doesn't address?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast