Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  32
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: My Ra3 Wishlist

Another vote for Cycle Dim. This wasn't an issue with See-Touch Keypads because even if you got the raise/lower, you'd still have 6 buttons to use which is enough for most rooms, but with Sunnata keypads, you only get 3 buttons if you want raise/lower. Buying 2 keypads and putting them next to each other just to get 6 buttons is just bad design.

2. Likes rkredesign liked this post
    The only option for a 15 amp receptacle is CAR-15-XX but no option for satin color (SCRS-15-BI ) ...more of a mild annoyance but I'm trying to use Lutron's tools to do estimates for accessories as well and this would be helpful.

I've missed this, where/when was it announced that Diva dimmers will be available for RA3?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill13 View Post
    With the announcement of Diva dimmers being available soon for Ra3 I would like to know if the 0-10 volt Diva will be a Ra3 model. Please yes!

I wish engraving on 4-button scene keypads was backlit. It's a dark room, the customer needs to know which button to push, and all they see are four vertical bars.

6. Likes Bill13 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by rkredesign View Post
    I've missed this, where/when was it announced that Diva dimmers will be available for RA3?

That is my bad. This was announced for Caseta, but I just had Ra3 on my mind. Sorry!

8. Thanks rkredesign thanked for this post
    I think the BoM under the reports tab needs to have pricing for all the devices allowed. I installed the outdoor plug-in switch and 22.8 shows as "contact factory representative"

Blinds to revert to Natural Light Optimization status. I'm going to throw one out that occurred to me when using Lutron Designer earlier working on an RA3 system. If you are providing a Home / Away keypad it would make the most sense to have the blinds revert to the appropriate NLO state upon arriving "home" instead of opening fully when sun is at its peak nor do you want to open when its dark out. Adding a "NLO" preset in the programming would be ideal here. Similarly when you trigger an "away" press it would be nice to close the blinds and keep them closed so NLO doesn't open them providing a kind of "NLO closed over ride" preset. I think this would create a much better end user experieince.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffmardo View Post
    1. Grafik Eye support! This is keeping me from upgrading big jobs… just do it Lutron!

2. I have no idea why the new Sunnata keypads do not have backlit engravings like RA2. This is incredibly helpful when turning a light on in low light.

Otherwise, I like it. I just installed an entire system with 40 switches and short of the lack of back lighting on the Sunnata keypads, the system runs great. But I’ve got a huge job requires graphic guy compatibility. I hope this happens.
    Agree with Jeffmardo, I don't understand why Lutron is preventing upgrade on their RA2 systems, they are all on Clear Connect. Many of them have at least one Grafik Eye and high end have Grafik T and Grafik T hybrid keypads. All this is preventing upgrade and this will provide opportunity for competition to be considered. Is there a technical reason not to support these ?

Quote Originally Posted by alebouthillier View Post
    Agree with Jeffmardo, I don't understand why Lutron is preventing upgrade on their RA2 systems, they are all on Clear Connect. Many of them have at least one Grafik Eye and high end have Grafik T and Grafik T hybrid keypads. All this is preventing upgrade and this will provide opportunity for competition to be considered. Is there a technical reason not to support these ?
    There is no technical reason whatsoever. The exact same Designer software allows the use of Grafik Eyes for Homework systems so if Lutron wanted to, they could get their developers to just use the same namespace they use in the Homeworks section in the Ra3 version. Of course I'm making some assumptions about them using .NET but the point is that it's not as if they have to even write much code since they've already done it for Homeworks and they already did it for Ra2! Worst case, it's a few copy and pastes of the code and bada bing, bada boom, it would take one of their developers a day or two to commit the added functionality. Same goes for adding RPM support to Homeworks QSX. There is ZERO technical limitations.

The problem as I see it is that since Joel Spira passed away, the marketing people took over and silenced the engineers and forgot about the 5 Principles of Lutron:

• Take care of the customer with superior goods and services.
      The customer is our number one priority and the reason we exist as a company.
    • Take care of the company.
      Lutron is dedicated to growth and innovative development.
    • Take care of the people.
      Lutron provides opportunities for its employees to fully develop their abilities and make a personal contribution to the success of the company.
    • Innovate with high quality products.
    • Deliver value to the customer.

With #5 The latest moves are a big fail of the principle here. They are telling the customer that we sold you a superior product just 5-10 years ago, but now if you want to take advantage of our current products or when one component if your system dies (like the processor), you either have to stick with the old tech (for as long as we can sell it before it's discontinued completely) or you have to replace EVERYTHING. That is not value.

13. Thanks scruzguy thanked for this post

Failed to update to RA3 from RA2 for many user base

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyCoog View Post
    There is no technical reason whatsoever. The exact same Designer software allows the use of Grafik Eyes for Homework systems so if Lutron wanted to, they could get their developers to just use the same namespace they use in the Homeworks section in the Ra3 version. Of course I'm making some assumptions about them using .NET but the point is that it's not as if they have to even write much code since they've already done it for Homeworks and they already did it for Ra2! Worst case, it's a few copy and pastes of the code and bada bing, bada boom, it would take one of their developers a day or two to commit the added functionality. Same goes for adding RPM support to Homeworks QSX. There is ZERO technical limitations.

The problem as I see it is that since Joel Spira passed away, the marketing people took over and silenced the engineers and forgot about the 5 Principles of Lutron:

• Take care of the customer with superior goods and services.
      The customer is our number one priority and the reason we exist as a company.
    • Take care of the company.
      Lutron is dedicated to growth and innovative development.
    • Take care of the people.
      Lutron provides opportunities for its employees to fully develop their abilities and make a personal contribution to the success of the company.
    • Innovate with high quality products.
    • Deliver value to the customer.

With #5 The latest moves are a big fail of the principle here. They are telling the customer that we sold you a superior product just 5-10 years ago, but now if you want to take advantage of our current products or when one component if your system dies (like the processor), you either have to stick with the old tech (for as long as we can sell it before it's discontinued completely) or you have to replace EVERYTHING. That is not value.
    Well said. Is there any loyal Lutron employee that can relay this important message so it can be added as the next realease of RA3 to ensure that all Grafik T dimmers and switches from RA2 are supported ?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast