Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  32
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My Ra3 Wishlist

Just found another new shortcoming not just in Ra3, but I realized it doing a Ra3 job, and since this forum is newer, hoping someone with a brain at Lutron see this.

Anyway, Lutron has come out with a bunch of new satin finishes, there are now 20 to choose from, wow this is so awesome!! So, I left the samples with the homeowner and turns out they have chosen several NOT AVAILABLE in Maestro or See Touch keypads. Turns out the complete line is available in Sunnata (a get that) BUT ALSO Diva, which is down line from Maestro, WTF???

My bad that I did not examine the sample kit because within the many samples there is a thin piece of plastic warning you of this. Of course, Lutron did not mention this when I spoke with them, nor did the local distributor from whom I borrowed the sample kit. Who is making these dumb a## decisions at Lutron? I think they are trying to force more people into the Sunnata line and enough interior designers like Diva and they don't want to **** them off.

Another great option that has not carried over to Ra3. In the bill of materials you no longer have the ability to uncheck wall plates so that they do not populate your BoM list. Please bring back that option!

3. Thanks SparkyCoog thanked for this post
    Likes FlyingDiver liked this post
    More for the BOM. Would like to see the Blank insert BI. I tend to forget them if they aren't in the BOM. Would also like to se them editable for zone like in Ra2. I print out the PDF and give to my installers with notes about what the BI is covering or what it is if the device is not Lutron.
    The Zone properties box is way to small. More scrolling than need to be. Please make it bigger so we can just pick and go. Not scroll, scroll, scroll then pick.

5. Likes Bill13 liked this post
    integration needs back ability to hide zones. Also no way to see password without reset?

7. Likes SparkyCoog liked this post
    Drag and drop needs serious looking into. Can't drag a device to another room half to cut and paste. Can't just drag a device to another area in the room. Area tree must be open first.
    Updating a Ra2 to 3. Separating pool house into Living Area and Bathroom. Was all in one Pool house room. Moved devices and sensor. Sensor setting did not move with oc OKLB sensor.

9. Likes SparkyCoog, Bill13 liked this post
    Cycle Dim. Please.

11. Likes SparkyCoog liked this post
    Timeclock Events. It would be nice if you could drag and drop them to change their order.

On a positive note: connecting to the processor which could be a bear with the Ra2 Main Repeater is so much easier.

Wish list

1. Grafik Eye support! This is keeping me from upgrading big jobs… just do it Lutron!

2. I have no idea why the new Sunnata keypads do not have backlit engravings like RA2. This is incredibly helpful when turning a light on in low light.

Otherwise, I like it. I just installed an entire system with 40 switches and short of the lack of back lighting on the Sunnata keypads, the system runs great. But I’ve got a huge job requires graphic guy compatibility. I hope this happens.

14. Thanks SparkyCoog thanked for this post
    Likes SparkyCoog, scruzguy liked this post

Shortcomings of Ra3

1. Grafik Eye support! This is keeping me from upgrading big jobs… just do it Lutron!

2. I have no idea why the new Sunnata keypads do not have backlit engravings like RA2. This is incredibly helpful when turning a light on in low light.

Otherwise, I like it. I just installed an entire system with 40 switches and short of the lack of back lighting on the Sunnata keypads, the system runs great. But I’ve got a huge job requires graphic guy compatibility. I hope this happens.

16. Likes SparkyCoog liked this post
    With the announcement of Diva dimmers being available soon for Ra3 I would like to know if the 0-10 volt Diva will be a Ra3 model. Please yes!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast