Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Trouble connecting to an existing Main Repeater

Trouble connecting to an existing Main Repeater

I went to program an existing RadioRa2 system. After a few attempts I was able to locate the repeater and moved on to locating the bridge. An error was thrown and from then on I cannot locate the main repeater. I have tried a variety of networked and direct connection configurations. I've tried power cycling and even factory reset the main repeater.

NOTE: I am using Windows 11 ARM on Parallels Mac. Which has worked for the past 6 months or so on this same system.

Things I can verify:
    - The repeater does grab an address from the router – verified on multiple subnets just to make sure.
    - I can locate and connect to the Connect Bridge (though it fails shortly after, I believe, because the main repeater hasn't been found)
    - I'm in the latest RadioRa2 12.10 application
    - The main repeater firmware was updated less than a year ago (not sure which version since I can't connect to it).
    - No errors lights are shown on the repeater – it starts up with a beep, flashes green once, then no lights.

I have sniffed the multicast traffic on the network and see packets from the Connect Bridge but see nothing from the repeater (despite it grabbing an ip address).

I'd appreciate any insight. Is the repeater bricked? And if so, is it possible to restore when it can't be located in Essentials?

Much Thanks!

On the find main repeater page, click on show advanced. You can try changing system communication to use repeater address. I believe this requires DHCP to be disabled.

You can also enter the IP address of the main repeater in a browser. If it is running properly you will get a page of mostly useless information.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Thanks @randy. No dice though. I performed a factory reset last night and let it sit over night. This morning it looks like it won't even grab an IP address. The light on the ethernet port is flashing and it seems to start up ok (beep and single flash of status lights) but no IP address is being issued to it and the various network scans I've run haven't located it.

I tested the power supply and it shows a strong 9V. I tried swapping it with another 9V supply just in case, but that made no difference.

Resetting to factory default should have set the repeater to DHCP. If it is still not showing up, make sure multicast is enabled. I believe multicast has to be enabled even if you set it to "use repeater address." Nicer routers and WAPs often block multicast by default.

Of course, none of that explains why it didn't show up on an IP scan.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Are you using a managed switch? Sometimes a different port or a reboot of the switch will solve problems (usually STP related). Enabling UPnP has sometimes bizarrely fixed multicast issues it should have nothing to do with. However, since it seems to struggle to communicate at all on the network, I would look toward STP/managed switch issues or maybe a bad port on the router/switch. Try a different cable too.