Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Help Needed Extracting

Help Needed Extracting

I'm using Essentials v12 with matching firmware on RA2. I'm VPN'ing to my router from outside my network. Doing an IP scan I see the repeater and can ping the repeater as well as log in via browser and see the Device IP (to confirm CODEVER version) as well as use Get Database Info as XML.

However when using the Essentials version of the software I get an error "Make sure the repeaters are connected properly" which using the Extraction option.

Any advice?

If I remember correctly, Essentials does not allow file extracting. Otherwise you need to make sure the repeater is running version 6.0 or later and you will want to use the same version that is on the processor to extract,
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Also extracing over a VPN (assuming you have the correct software version) has never worked for me I dont believe its supported.

Quote Originally Posted by tomn68 View Post
    I'm using Essentials v12 with matching firmware on RA2. I'm VPN'ing to my router from outside my network. Doing an IP scan I see the repeater and can ping the repeater as well as log in via browser and see the Device IP (to confirm CODEVER version) as well as use Get Database Info as XML.

However when using the Essentials version of the software I get an error "Make sure the repeaters are connected properly" which using the Extraction option.

Any advice?
    For these type of operations over a VPN you need to use Unicast (what Lutron calls 'Use Repeaters Address' for System Communications) as opposed to the default Multicast setting.

Here's how you change it:

In the design tab on the main repeater click Find Main Repeater then click Show Advanced and under System Communications change from Multicast to Use Repeaters Address. Save and Transfer.

In my opinion it's best to leave it on Unicast (Use Repeater Address) for all operations over a VPN (including transfers). Just remember you will need to switch back to Multicast for operations such as upgrading the Main Repeater Firmware and certain other operations (such as a Main Repeater swap, addition or removal, certain diagnostics' ect) but for most day to day stuff Unicast is going to give you less problems (esp over a VPN).