Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Pico Remote not turning on/off lights anymore after pairing to app

Pico Remote not turning on/off lights anymore after pairing to app

My living room does not have a dimmer but it had a pico remote that controlled the lights. After i paired the pico to the app it stopped controlling the lights in the living room and I do not know how to re-add it. There was no dimmer controlling the lights in the living room so I am at at loss at how to re-add the pico remote to control those lights. Any advice?

What is controlling the lights in the living room? The Pico is just a remote. It had to be talking to another device. Maybe a lamp dimmer? It may have been paired outside of the Caseta system. When you added the Pico to the Caseta system you broke the pairing. You need to find the device that is controlling the lights and add it to Caseta or repair the Pico an that device (outside of Caseta).
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

The only switch that I can find that controls the lights is the Leviton switch in the picture I sent before. Other then that there are outlets but thats about it. The lights in that room aren't connected to an outlet like a lamp, they are in the ceiling.

Did you just buy this house or something like that? The pico's corresponding wired switch could literally be anywhere in the house... It's not super uncommon to wire the switch in an easy-to-wire place (unfinished basement, by the breaker box etc), and then just use the pico as the primary controller in the desired location. Long story, but we had to do this for one of the ceiling fixtures in our kitchen remodel.

Yea I did just buy it, new construction. I just every switch I could find, unless there is a hidden one behind some sort of panel.

Lutron Technical Support
    The switch may be hidden in a closet, attic, access panel, etc. What kind of lights are in your living room? Ceiling lights, chandelier, sconces?

If new construction, can you ask the builder? But it's odd they would do that with new construction... Stuffing the wired switch somewhere else is normally done because running the wire in old construction would be too much of a PITA or hideously expensive. None of that would be an issue with new construction, so this is odd.

Are the lights switched from more than one location? I'm thinking the electrician may have installed a Caseta in one location and not the other. Some Caseta dimmers will work with a single mechanical 3-way. They may have miswired the mechanical 3-way.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com