Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pico Remotes in Lutron App Not Working

Pico Remotes in Lutron App Not Working

I was able to add the Pico Remotes via the bridge to the Lutron App and I see them in the app but when I click any of the controls to turn on/off the lights, nothing happens. Any advice?

Lutron Technical Support
    In the Lutron app tap on the Pico remote > Edit Device > Devices > Verify the dimmers/switches you want to control are check marked here. If they do not appear in this location of the app, the actual dimmers/dimmers are not added into the app.

To add the actual dimmers into the app you will need to go into the Lutron app > Settings > Add Device > In-wall dimmer, switch and fan control > follow the instructions to add the hardwired dimmers/switches into the app.

If I click to add as just a in-wall dimmer I get the following pop-up.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6745.PNG 
Views:	11 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	931

Lutron Technical Support
    If you are receiving that pop up, you are trying to add a Pico remote and not the actual in-wall dimmer. The in-wall dimmer will have 7 indicator lights on the left of the dimmer. The Pico remotes will have 1 indicator light in the top left corner. Pico remote will also usually have an extra circle button in the center of the remote. Once the in-wall dimmer is found retry the previous steps and it should allow you to pair the dimmer into the app and if the dimmer gets placed into the same room as the Pico remote, the Pico will automatically pair to that dimmer.

That worked! Thank you!...I do have some rooms where there is no dimmer but only a pico remote controlling the lights. Is there anyway to get those into the app?

Lutron Technical Support
    The Pico remotes cannot directly control the lights, they need to be paired back to either a dimmer or to a switch which these will then control the lights. I've seen electricians install the dimmers and switches in odd locations. I would double check in closets or even other rooms if you can the dimmers/switches.

is it possible that it is controlled via a leviton switch (pictured below)? Scoured every room and even moved the fridge but can't seem to find the dimmer or light switch that would control the lights this pico used to control. If not a dimmer should I be looking for a specific switch?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-04-13 at 8.12.15 AM.png 
Views:	6 
Size:	767.5 KB 
ID:	932

Lutron Technical Support
    The Pico cannot control a Leviton switch. It must either be a Caseta dimmer with the 7 indicator lights, or some sort of Lutron wireless-capable load controller. Electricians sometimes install these in attics, closets, utility rooms, etc.

I guess it must be the load controller since I cannot find the 7 indicator light dimmer that controls the lights that the pico remote i am referencing used to control. I need to re-pair it since it stopped controlling those lights when I was trying to add the remote to the app. Are the load controllers hidden in the walls or sockets or it should be easy to find?

Lutron Technical Support
    If you are using the Caseta Wireless system, the controls should either be installed in the wall to replace a light switch or plugged into a receptacle (like our PD-3PCL plug-in lamp dimmer or the PD-15OUT outdoor smart plug). None of the Caseta controls should be hidden in the walls anything like that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast