Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: HomeKit Integration with HomeWorks - 2 Questions

HomeKit Integration with HomeWorks - 2 Questions

I'm about to start reno and counting devices it looks like I'm going to be over the 100 device limit for RA2 Select. While I can probably squeeze into RA2 Select I'm meeting with home automation companies and considering HomeWorks QS.

I'm a full-on nerd and I enjoy having deeper access to config than most homeowners. If I go with HomeWorks professionally installed can I integrate it with HomeKit so i can create custom HomeKit scenes/triggers, etc? I have found documentation about "homekit integration" with HomeWorks but those documents focus on Siri voice. While that's nice what I'm looking for is being able to include Lutron Dimmers, for example, in my own HomeKit Scenes that I create.

Question 1:
    Can all lutron lighting and shade (Sivoia) devices be exposed to HomeKit so I can include them in HomeKit scenes and control them with the HomeKit app? (Simple Example: Can I use the Apple Home App - not a Lutron app - to turn a light circuit on/off?)

Question 2:
    I understand that going with HomeWorks makes it tougher for me to do things like ADD a new device in the future without bringing in a professional. I might be OK with that as long as once the new device(s) are installed I have decent control over some config options. Generally speaking what can a homeowner manage once HomeWorks QS has been installed?

Well I think I found my answer but I would appreciate any input if I'm offbase.

It DOES appear that I can utilize any Lutron Device on the HomeWorks QS system inside HomeKit. The things I create/do inside HomeKit (a HomeKit Scene for example) won't be reflected in the Lutron Connect App (that's ok and it makes sense).

https://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocu...2_and_HWQS.pdf

I've done it with RA2. It works but is a bit sluggish.

RA2 has a capacity of 200 devices. RA3 was recently announced. Not a lot of details right now but it potentially has a capacity of 400 devices.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com