Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Delivery times are getting out of hand

Delivery times are getting out of hand

What exactly is the issue? I've had 3 jobs on hold going over a month now. Is it the chip shortage? Is it not enough employees? War in Ukraine? I can't even get a table top dimmer or engraving.

Only a month! I wish I was you. I have been waiting for Ubiquiti surveillance cameras since January. Once the supply chain gets screwed up, it takes a long time for the interruption to work it’s way through.

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyCoog View Post
    What exactly is the issue? I've had 3 jobs on hold going over a month now. Is it the chip shortage? Is it not enough employees? War in Ukraine? I can't even get a table top dimmer or engraving.
    I was going to post what I thought, but it was political...I feel your pain too.

Its everything- we have Crestron products we have been waiting for since May and June of last year...

Quote Originally Posted by evankirkhart View Post
    Only a month! I wish I was you. I have been waiting for Ubiquiti surveillance cameras since January. Once the supply chain gets screwed up, it takes a long time for the interruption to work it’s way through.
    Lol well I've been waiting for a single Homeworks dimmer for almost 2 months now too. I remember that guy was shocked to hear how much a single dimmer costs (I think his house came with a HWQS system) and he was groaning when I told him it usually takes about 2 weeks so that will be interesting! I had some older 6D dimmers but he had swapped his MLV fixtures' halogens with LED bulbs and they weren't working right. It's possible that the 6ND dimmmer I ordered won't even work right...

At least I'm not alone in this.

I ordered some DIN modules from Lutron on 1/11. The estimated ship date was late February (6 weeks). It keeps getting pushed back and it is currently showing 5/27 as the estimated ship date (19+ weeks). I'll be shocked if they actually ship then.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Yikes. I wish Lutron would be more forthcoming instead of giving general estimates. I don't understand why engraving is held back though...I mean they still use the same machines and it's just plastic, no chips!

Thanks for letting know that's might be valuable to discover