Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: LR-HWLV-HVAC Wireless Thermostat and LR-HVAC-PKG-WH Controller Kit

LR-HWLV-HVAC Wireless Thermostat and LR-HVAC-PKG-WH Controller Kit

I have a client with who uses a LR-HWLV-HVAC Wireless Thermostat and who has a RA2 system that I also support. We have upgraded their automation system and provided them with touch panels in the house. The client would like to control their HVAC solely with the automation system touch panels so we will be removing the LR-HWLV-HVAC Wireless Thermostat and installing a LR-HVAC-PKG-WH Controller Kit.

I would still like to have the LR-HWLV-HVAC Wireless Thermostat installed but only for use as a backup to control the set points or to turn on/off the system, but not for temperature control. If I can do this, I will install the LR-HWLV-HVAC Wireless Thermostat in their A/V closet so that it is accessible to them should the need arise.

We did the same thing for the client with their original Honeywell alarm keypad. Because the client is controlling their alarm system with the automation system touch panels, they no longer needed the physical alarm keypads, so, we removed them all and installed one as a backup in their A/V closet so that it is accessible to them should the need arise.

Is there a way to have the LR-HVAC-PKG-WH Controller Kit as the primary while, at the same time, have the LR-HWLV-HVAC Wireless Thermostat installed that only functions for control but not for temperature?

What about a seeTemp keypad?
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

The LR-HVAC-PKG-WH Controller Kit came with one of those and I could use it. Was just thinking it would be nicer to have to have that installed somewhere vice just installing the LR-HWLV-HVAC Wireless Thermostat either on the air handler in the garage or in some other out of site place.