Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Ra3: No Hybrid Keypads???

Ra3: No Hybrid Keypads???

(Can I start by asking why there's still not a Ra3 forum here on this community?)

Is there any visibility into release of Ra3 Hybrid keypads? Without these, I can't start installing Ra3 systems.
    Not including GrafikEye means I can't upgrade old installs to Ra3... no Hybrid keypads means I won't yet install Ra3 even in new systems!

Come on Lutron... a little more visibility would help us out here.

Lutron added Sunnata to RA2. In my mind, that doesn't qualify as RA3. If they had enough equivalent Type-X devices, say 90% of the RA2 devices, it would qualify as RA3.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by joshg View Post
    (Can I start by asking why there's still not a Ra3 forum here on this community?)

Is there any visibility into release of Ra3 Hybrid keypads? Without these, I can't start installing Ra3 systems.
    Not including GrafikEye means I can't upgrade old installs to Ra3... no Hybrid keypads means I won't yet install Ra3 even in new systems!

Come on Lutron... a little more visibility would help us out here.
    Not sure if this helps you, but the SeeTouch hybrid keypads will work with Ra3.

I really wish the Lutron executives who made the decision to leave out Grafik Eyes out of Ra3 or want to install Sunnata but leave out critical devices would just walk with a dealer to meet a customer and see how they would explain it. Go to a multi-million dollar house and look the high-power homeowner in the eye and tell them you have to cut a hole in their gold leaf wall-paper or fancy wood panel wall and see how well that works for them:

"Thank you for inviting us to your beautiful home Dr. Hotshot. I see you want to upgrade your existing Radio Ra system. You have come to us at the perfect time because Lutron just came out with this amazing new Radio Ra3 system! I see that you have a few Grafik Eyes throughout the house however - in your Study full of dead animal heads, in the mirror wall of the exercise room, and in the kitchen. Yeah, you see, those have 6 zones but they're in a 4 gang box. No problem, can you ask your mirror guy take off the mirror so our electrician can replace that box to a 7 gang box, or maybe just add another 3 gang box under it and instead of that beautiful grafik eye, we can put in 6 dimmers and a keypad? Same for your study and kitchen but call your cabinet guy. "

Without all the devices, it'll be just like GrafikT ...if you needed a fan speed control, you'd be screwed. Remember all the Sunnata devices need a neutral wire too. In an older home without a neutral, you can't just use a pro dimmer in "CL mode" the way you can with the maestro pros.

I really wish SparkyCoog would get his wish! In the mean time, maybe Lutron could come up with a dual device. They already have a dimmer/fan control. A dimmer/dimmer or a dimmer/switch should be easy for the best engineers in upper Bucks County.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

I've been begging for combination devices for years. I'm not sure if there is not enough demand or there is a technical issue with jamming so much in one gang.