Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Which app does Ra3 use and is it missing any features?

Which app does Ra3 use and is it missing any features?

Giving my 2nd Ra3 bid but just wanted to make sure I am giving the customer the right information. I'm guessing it doesn't use the Connect app the same as with QSX so are there any missing features I need to know about?

See my post here where I ran down a few differences: https://forums.lutron.com/showthread...ll=1#post42301

Still waiting on official word from Lutron on the state of the arriving/leaving home feature.
    btw another programming feature I noticed yesterday is RA3 does not have the low end trim tool in the designer software. I reported that and support confirmed it is indeed absent and they would "pass my feedback along" to the product team.

Thanks for the post. So for the most part, we can do most things we did through the connect app it seems. I hope they add path of light programming though. That's always been a big one for me. I was literally walking through with a homeowner in a giant house and they indicated that Toggle/room didn't work for them because when they hit the button, they wanted all the lights in the room to come on even if another one was on...and they wanted to use the same button to turn it off.

Yeah, for the most part Lutron app seems fine. One small quality of life that I really like is that I can finally add keypads as favorite devices.

I did confirm with support Arriving/Leaving Home is not supported yet. Nor is the Natural Light Optimization feature for wood blinds that is marketed on the Ra3 site.

I agree on the path of light issue though. Was poking around with a tabletop keypad and tried some "to bathroom"/"to kitchen" buttons. The only thing that possibly makes sense is to program them as scene buttons then put an All Off or something on another button. Toggle makes no sense. Looking back at Ra2 the "path of light" logic was actually just about right.

I noticed with the Lutron App that unlike with the Connect App, there is no way to give temporary access to someone without the homeowner specifically doing it for them. I had my trainee with me and wanted him to play with the app but without me using my credentials to log in, it would not happen.

6. Likes Bill13 liked this post