Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: IPv6 Support for Smart Bridge?

Question IPv6 Support for Smart Bridge?

Hello,

I have a Smart Bridge installed which I use to operate 5 Caseta devices (a dimmer, and four lamp controllers), which has been working successfully for a month or so now.

Can someone tell me, does the Smart Bridge support IPv6 addressing? My ISP supports IPv6 via prefix delegation, and devices that support Stateless Address Autoconfiguration (SLAAC) are able to claim an IPv6 address inside my range and communicate.

There's no way inside any of the Lutron interfaces (basically, just the smartphone app) to get the bridge's network information, as far as I can tell. Right now my network operates in dual-stack mode, so it's possible the Bridge is in fact autoconfiguring with an IPv6 address in addition to claiming an IPv4 address from DHCP, but I have not been able to confirm or refute this.

I am working on moving my network to IPv6-only, and understanding which devices are presently able to operate natively like this and which are not is naturally important to those preparations.

Thanks for your help!

Lutron Technical Support
    For this type of question it might be better to reach out directly to support@lutron.com