Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Ballpark Pricing on Dimmers and Picos

Ballpark Pricing on Dimmers and Picos

I'm going to be starting a reno and most likely going with RA2 Select. I want to get an idea of roughly what this is going to cost form a hardware perspective.

I plan to hire a home automation company to work with me however I'm doing much of the design/thinking before I start meeting with them. From what I understand RA2 Select components such as dimmers and picos need to be purchased through or by an authorized Lutron dealer/installer. However, is there anywhere online where I can find some basic ballpark pricing for these components?

https://www.lutron.com/en-us/product....aspx#?cat=PC7

Pricing is kind of a sensitive topic because different installers get different pricing depending on whether they are a high volume dealer who buys directly from Lutron or they are a smaller installer who works with a supplier who buys it on their behalf...and of course takes their own cut. It doesn't mean that one type of dealer is better than the other however because the smaller shop could very well be the more seasoned designer, installer, and programmer but have more select clients and the bigger dealer might have more green installers going to multiple jobs. From your point of view though, both should still charge you about list price. I think it's around $160 for the neutral dimmers and $205 for the Pro dimmers. Picos come in a lot of variety and colors and the prices really depend on which...they start from $17 for the cheapest "light" icon ones and go up to $130 for custom engraved one (which I'm still not sure how someone could get if they don't deal directly with Lutron).

Caseta on average is between 1/3 and 1/2 the cost.

3. Likes Bill13 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by SparkyCoog View Post
    Pricing is kind of a sensitive topic because different installers get different pricing depending on whether they are a high volume dealer who buys directly from Lutron or they are a smaller installer who works with a supplier who buys it on their behalf...and of course takes their own cut. It doesn't mean that one type of dealer is better than the other however because the smaller shop could very well be the more seasoned designer, installer, and programmer but have more select clients and the bigger dealer might have more green installers going to multiple jobs. From your point of view though, both should still charge you about list price. I think it's around $160 for the neutral dimmers and $205 for the Pro dimmers. Picos come in a lot of variety and colors and the prices really depend on which...they start from $17 for the cheapest "light" icon ones and go up to $130 for custom engraved one (which I'm still not sure how someone could get if they don't deal directly with Lutron).

Caseta on average is between 1/3 and 1/2 the cost.
    Thanks for the info. I get it, and it makes sense. This will at least help me avoid some sticker shock. These circuits and picos add up quickly! Much appreciated.