Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: PJ2-4B 4 button pico remote capabilities

PJ2-4B 4 button pico remote capabilities

i'm looking to add a PJ2-4B to my system but have a few questions:

1. can each button only control 1 scene, or can 1 button toggle a scene (meaning it turns a group of lights on if they're off, and if they're on it turns them off, all with the same button)

2. are all 4 buttons fully programmable or is the 4th button hard coded for "all off" - and if so, does it turn every switch in my house off, or only the switches i've assigned to it?

is there a wireless remote that offers more buttons, ideally 6 or 8, even a third party one that i can integrate?

thanks!

There are no toggle buttons in the Pico family. Well, there is one but it only works with HomeWorks.

All 4 buttons are programmable but since there are no toggles you probably want a button to turn the lights off. So button one would be kitchen on, 2 would be kitchen off.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Not all PJ2-4B picos are created equal. There is a 4 button pico with the part# PJ2-4B-LWH-L31 for instance that has 3 on lightbulb icons and an off lightbulb icon. Those all control the same zones and 1-3 are more like "favorites". I'm not even sure if it works with Caseta.

As far as I know, there are only 2 models that have 4 buttons that work independently of each other with single action scenes:

1. The pre-engraved scene picos with the part numbers of PJ2-4B-GWH-P01 (or P02, or P03) ...those are great, relatively cheap, and you can even program the off button to do something else.

2. The mystical custom engraved pico with the part number PJ-4B-GWH-EL2 which Lutron couldn't have possibly made any harder to order if they tried unless you're a dealer that buys directly from them. They have an online form that lets you fill out the engraving but you have to order the engraving before you order the device (ie. there is no kit to change the plate). If you have the ability to order directly from Lutron, no problem. If not, you have to take those sheets to a supplier and explain to the person who has likely never done this before that you want to order the engraving. I asked my local supplier about it a week ago and still haven't heard back on whether it's even possible. I'm sure there are some online places that do it though.

For the 4 Button Scene Picos you’re limited to these.

NOTE that on the L-31 any Devices assigned to that Pico will be controlled by ALL 4 Buttons, and the bottom button is Mandatory OFF. The top 3 Buttons are Programmable to the assigned Devices.

For the P01 - 4 and the EL4 (Custom), ANY combination of Devices can be assigned to Any Button in ANY Configuration. The Buttons Do Not work as a Toggle though.

For the Custom Engraved option, reach out to Lutron Customer Service or your Lutron Electrical Supplier

Here is the link for the Custom Engraving Form

https://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocumentLibrary/369-1004.pdf

Caséta Pico Remotes *** = Color
    No Model No Description Notes
    PJ2-4B-***-P01 4 Button Pico Remote Family
    PJ2-4B-***-P02 4 Button Pico Remote Kitchen
    PJ2-4B-***-P03 4 Button Pico Remote Any Room
    PJ2-4B-***-L31 4 Button Pico Remote 4 Scene Limited programming
    PJ2-4B-***-EL2 4 Scene Pico Remote CUSTOM Custom Engraved
    PJ2-4B-***-L01P 4 Button Pico Scene Keypad - On/Off with Raise/Lower
    PJ2-4B-***-L21P 4 Button Pico Scene Keypad - Two Group Control - On/Off

I hope this helps

Any other questions, reach out to me

Cool Lutron PJ2-4B-GWH-L41

Any hints/tips on using the Lutron PJ2-4B-GWH-L41 to control scenes?
    Trying to set button one Scene 1 button 2 Scene 2 etc..

Quote Originally Posted by JohnNied View Post
    For the 4 Button Scene Picos you’re limited to these.

NOTE that on the L-31 any Devices assigned to that Pico will be controlled by ALL 4 Buttons, and the bottom button is Mandatory OFF. The top 3 Buttons are Programmable to the assigned Devices.

For the P01 - 4 and the EL4 (Custom), ANY combination of Devices can be assigned to Any Button in ANY Configuration. The Buttons Do Not work as a Toggle though.

For the Custom Engraved option, reach out to Lutron Customer Service or your Lutron Electrical Supplier

Here is the link for the Custom Engraving Form

https://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocumentLibrary/369-1004.pdf

Caséta Pico Remotes *** = Color
    No Model No Description Notes
    PJ2-4B-***-P01 4 Button Pico Remote Family
    PJ2-4B-***-P02 4 Button Pico Remote Kitchen
    PJ2-4B-***-P03 4 Button Pico Remote Any Room
    PJ2-4B-***-L31 4 Button Pico Remote 4 Scene Limited programming
    PJ2-4B-***-EL2 4 Scene Pico Remote CUSTOM Custom Engraved
    PJ2-4B-***-L01P 4 Button Pico Scene Keypad - On/Off with Raise/Lower
    PJ2-4B-***-L21P 4 Button Pico Scene Keypad - Two Group Control - On/Off

I hope this helps

Any other questions, reach out to me

The Lutron Pico PJ2-4B-GWH-L-41 is not going to work as a "Scene Control" in the Caséta System. It is a "4 Group Toggle" Pico for HomeWorks QS, myRoom, and Quantum Systems.
    You can look at the Lutron Document : https://assets.lutron.com/a/documents/369847.pdf for more specific information on this Pico.

If you are looking for "Scene Control" within a specific Zone. you can get away with using one of the L01 / L21 / L-31 Picos. If you are looking for more flexibility, being able to program across Zones, in your Scenes, then you need to use any one of the following : P01/2/3, P11/12/13/14, or the custom EL2 Picos.

Hope this helps.

John

7. Likes Joy L. liked this post
    What is a Zone in the context of the Caséta "Scene Control". I don't see any reference to Zone in the Casséta iOS app. Does it appear only when you are trying to add scene Picos?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnNied View Post
    The Lutron Pico PJ2-4B-GWH-L-41 is not going to work as a "Scene Control" in the Caséta System. It is a "4 Group Toggle" Pico for HomeWorks QS, myRoom, and Quantum Systems.
    You can look at the Lutron Document : https://assets.lutron.com/a/documents/369847.pdf for more specific information on this Pico.

If you are looking for "Scene Control" within a specific Zone. you can get away with using one of the L01 / L21 / L-31 Picos. If you are looking for more flexibility, being able to program across Zones, in your Scenes, then you need to use any one of the following : P01/2/3, P11/12/13/14, or the custom EL2 Picos.

Hope this helps.

John

A “Zone” is normally a group of devices, in a room, or being controlled together.

in the example above, the Picos with “Limited Programming”, will ONLY control, the “Zones / Devices” assigned to them.
    With the “More Flexible” Picos, EACH Button on the Pico, can control different Groups of Zones / Devices”, even if they’re in different rooms. Giving you the ability to create “Global / Master Scenes”