Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Caseta Version of Maestro Ceiling Fan Dimmer Switch

Caseta Version of Maestro Ceiling Fan Dimmer Switch

I recently purchased an older home and am looking to replace the current Maestro switches with a Caseta system. Several of the rooms have the single Maestro fan control and LED+ dimmer switch to control a ceiling fan and integrated light. Looking at the Castea options, they have dimmer switches for lights or fans, but not a 1 gang unit that has both, like the Maestro. I could get 2 separate Caseta switches, but then I'd need to cut my walls to accommodate the space for 2 gangs vs. 1.

Are there any Caseta options that I'm missing that can accommodate the light and fan control on a 1 gang switch like the Maestro?

Quote Originally Posted by stratt415 View Post
    Are there any Caseta options that I'm missing that can accommodate the light and fan control on a 1 gang switch like the Maestro?
    With Caseta, the only option is two separate switches.

No. Lutron claims it is not technically possible- cannot shrink the RF radio enough to fit in the enclosure along with the dimmer/fan controller.

I have the same issue. All of our bedrooms have single gang boxes with a single Maestro switch with the 2 sliders - one for fan speed control and one for light dimmer control. I wish Lutron would address this use case - how to upgrade this Maestro to a Caseta version. Even if there is a space issue that precludes a single gang Caseta version give me SOMETHING geared to this use case - the Maestro is THEIR switch after all. Who better to figure out a way to bring it into the IOT age? What about a device I could add in the ceiling box/fan canopy then that was addressable by the Caseta Smart Bridge Pro for light on/off and dimming. That way it's all part of the Caseta ecosystem and I don't have to resort to 4 or 5 more expensive smart bulbs from Hue or the like.