Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: I can't use a RA2 Main Repeater at the same time as RA3 Processor, correct?

I can't use a RA2 Main Repeater at the same time as RA3 Processor, correct?

The reason I ask is because I have Control4 and didn't even think to check if RA3 is supported (it's not!). There's LEAP drivers for Caseta and RA2 Select so I assumed it just used that, but instead it adds it as HomeWorks QS Processor and doesn't function. The Control4 forums have other people saying there's no drivers for it yet.

As such, I disconnected the RA3 Processor and connected the RA2 Main Repeater and thankfully everything works still without having to do anything. Disappointed though as I was wanting to play with Lutron Designer finally and use my new Sunnata dimmers. I assume I can't have both connected at the same time, where Control4 keeps talking to the Main Repeater for all devices, but where I can still be using RA3?

I'm sure drivers will come out soon so not a huge issue but thought I'd check in case.

No as far as I know, it's an all or nothing proposition. Hell, they just added support for a 2nd ra3 processor just a few weeks ago! Also, another programmer on here made a really interesting post about NOT factory resetting your old Ra2 repeater on site because it will put all your old devices in an unstable state.

I believe you can. During the initial setup, RA2 (and presumably RA3) checks for nearby systems and picks the cleanest channel. This procedure allows you to have RA2 in apartment buildings. You will have 2 systems and you will have more work when it comes time to merge them but you can play with the RA3 stuff.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyCoog View Post
    No as far as I know, it's an all or nothing proposition. Hell, they just added support for a 2nd ra3 processor just a few weeks ago! Also, another programmer on here made a really interesting post about NOT factory resetting your old Ra2 repeater on site because it will put all your old devices in an unstable state.
    What version are you on? The latest I show is 12.7.1.1891. I don't see in software or release notes anything about 2nd Ra3 proc.

If ask about this in the Control4 forums (Discussions) they may share the driver that is in beta with you. There is a thread about this already.

https://tech.control4.com/s/feed/0D51T00009S7kw5SAB