Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Is there a way to find hidden aux repeater?

Is there a way to find hidden aux repeater?

I have a job that someone else installed and for the life of me, I can't find one of the aux repeaters. It's supposed to be in a game room and I have checked every cabinet and closet and can't find it. I also don't hear any beeps in that area when uploading or diagnosing. It IS online however, but there may come a time that I need to move it or replace it.

Is there any way to just make that one device beep? Or just make all the repeaters beep?

Not that I know. I have found things in really bizarre locations. Look in all the crawl spaces, attics, etc in the general area. Some people like to put them there so nobody could ever accidentally unplug them.

I have a feeling that it's not even in that general area because I don't hear any beeps when uploading the database the way I do with the other repeaters. That area gets a good signal though!

I would try turning of the power in different areas of the house and see when it drops out of the system. Or just delete it from the system and buy a used one off Ebay:).

If you've got access to areas where wiring might be run, a tone probe set might help locate it. Put the probe tone sender on the known end and use the probe to sound-out along the wiring. With a fresh 9V battery in both the sender and the probe you can sometimes be as far as a foot away from the wire and still pick up the tones. Never had to use one to find lost repeaters though.