Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: "Faceless" dimmers?

Question "Faceless" dimmers?

Hi All,

Planning for a retrofit job where there is an old Illumination system throughout part of the house that mainly uses in-wall dimmers and a couple WPMs (but no centralized dimming). Planning to put in QSX.

There are a few rooms where there are currently multiple circuits on multiple dimmers. Goal would be to install a keypad that handles scenes for the room and not have the dimmers available to the user. What would be perfect for this is if there were "faceless" dimmers that could be put in (i.e. one without buttons) that would dim the loads but not offer any controls so all the controls could be handled from scenes on the keypad. Is this a thing?

I also found that hybrid dimmers used to exist, where you have a dimmer in the wall with a keypad exposed. That would also work in this scenario but it doesn't look like there are any that are compatible with QS(X)???

Not at this time. There has been talk of additions to the Type-X but who knows when that will be. With Lutron it could be tomorrow or it could be 2036.

Can you expand a little on why you don't want the user to have access to the devices?
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

3. Thanks martopg thanked for this post
    Maybe I am not reading correctly, but yes there are still Hybrid Keypads that are QS(X) compatible: https://www.lutron.com/en-US/Product.../Overview.aspx Replaces an in-wall dimmer and has keypad buttons and lets you control the dimmed load as well.

Quote Originally Posted by johnmax View Post
    Maybe I am not reading correctly, but yes there are still Hybrid Keypads that are QS(X) compatible: https://www.lutron.com/en-US/Product.../Overview.aspx Replaces an in-wall dimmer and has keypad buttons and lets you control the dimmed load as well.
    Oh yeah, you're right. I forgot that the client wants Palladiom keypads and that's what doesn't have a hybrid version available from what I can tell.