Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: PD-6WCL Dimmer - Set Favorite Light Level Without Remote?

Question PD-6WCL Dimmer - Set Favorite Light Level Without Remote?

Just installed my first devices. A fan controller and the PD-6WCL dimmer. I don't have any intentions of using a remote to control the dimmer.

Is there a way to set the favorite light level without the remote"
    If I did
    temporarily use a remote (I have one) to set the favorite light level does that program the dimmer or only set the favorite when using the remote?

In other words, if I connect a remote to the dimmer, set the favorite light level, then remove the remote connection, does that favorite light level say with the dimmer?

TIA!

Don

Last edited by athuddriver; 02-12-2022 at 10:48 PM. Reason: typo

Lutron Technical Support
    Currently, there isn't a way to set the favorite light level on a PD-6WCL without using a Pico remote with the favorite button. The button press from the Pico remote is what triggers the command, so if you were to unpair the Pico remote that functionality would be lost. The only Caseta dimmer which offers a preset light level without the use of a remote is the Caseta ELV+ dimmer (PD-5NE).

3. Thanks athuddriver thanked for this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan K. View Post
    Currently, there isn't a way to set the favorite light level on a PD-6WCL without using a Pico remote with the favorite button. The button press from the Pico remote is what triggers the command, so if you were to unpair the Pico remote that functionality would be lost. The only Caseta dimmer which offers a preset light level without the use of a remote is the Caseta ELV+ dimmer (PD-5NE).
    OH! I totally mis-read the product page. It says on the product Replaces 1 hardwired switch controlling ELV lighting, like under cabinet lights and other low voltage fixtures. and I thought it was only for low voltage applications. When you expand the product details you get the rest or the story. THANKS!

PD-6wcl

Lutron has the capability to modify the app to give us the options to save a dim level setting.
    They recently updated the app to now program a specific light or fan to automatically turn off at a desired time. This is something other smart switches have in their app menu. This type of option is great for those that walk out of a room and not turn off the light. You can set the light/fan to turn off anytime you want, up to one hour. I love this feature. Lights aren’t on all day to rack up your electric bill.

Lutron asks us to email them with our recommendations. If enough of us send an email, I’m sure they would not hesitate to accommodate us and anyone else that wants to convert their home to a smart home.