Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Pico PJ2-3BRL + 2ANF fan control

Pico PJ2-3BRL + 2ANF fan control

We need to program one of these Picos to control a ceiling fan with the 2ANF. Client wants the raise and lower buttons on the pico to do what one would expect - raise and lower the fan speed. I can't sort out how one would do this -- the "raise" and "lower" functionality seems to only support lighting zones not fans. Surely there must be a super simple way to do this but I am obviously missing it. Can anyone provide some guidance here?

Thanks!
    -J

Quote Originally Posted by aries View Post
    We need to program one of these Picos to control a ceiling fan with the 2ANF. Client wants the raise and lower buttons on the pico to do what one would expect - raise and lower the fan speed. I can't sort out how one would do this -- the "raise" and "lower" functionality seems to only support lighting zones not fans. Surely there must be a super simple way to do this but I am obviously missing it. Can anyone provide some guidance here?

Thanks!
    -J
    Aries,

Have you tried creating a manual sequence for the fan and then attaching it to the pico? Change the pico button type (raise/lower) to single action. Program the buttons as fallow
    Raise: sequence start/next
    lower: sequence previous ??
    I'm not sure if this would work, let us know

The PJ2-3BRL-xxx-F01 is specifically designed for fan controls. While most of the Pico models are interchangeable, I believe the 2ANF is looking for a "up 1 speed" command and doesn't know what to do with the "up 1%" command.

The fan Pico is available in version 21.x. I don't see it in version 15.10 or 15.9.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by Milton C. View Post
    Aries,

Have you tried creating a manual sequence for the fan and then attaching it to the pico? Change the pico button type (raise/lower) to single action. Program the buttons as fallow
    Raise: sequence start/next
    lower: sequence previous ??
    I'm not sure if this would work, let us know
    This did actually work, thank you. The only caveats seem to be:

1) Its kind of slow since it needs to make a round trip to the processor and I'm pretty sure the QS protocol isn't efficient for that.
    2) Lowering the speed is a little odd -- the 2ANF briefly bumps to high speed before immediately going to the lower speed. I think because we're setting a discrete speed and the 2ANF doesnt consider that the fan is already running so bumps full power to get it running just as it would if the fan had been off.

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    The PJ2-3BRL-xxx-F01 is specifically designed for fan controls. While most of the Pico models are interchangeable, I believe the 2ANF is looking for a "up 1 speed" command and doesn't know what to do with the "up 1%" command.

The fan Pico is available in version 21.x. I don't see it in version 15.10 or 15.9.
    Indeed. This system is on 15.x so I don't think we can use it. I'm reluctant to go past the 15.x series -- concerned about what might break. I think v16 is where all the QSX stuff comes in.