Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Mix controls for Sonos and lights on one switch

Mix controls for Sonos and lights on one switch

I am very new to Lutron Caseta, so I apologize ahead of time if I'm I don't know the limitations of the switches.

I bought a starter kit that came with 2 pico remotes and 2 Original Style Smart Dimmer. I also have a multi room Sonos system and a Smarthings hub in case that helps in any way.

I know I can control my Sonos with the Pico Remotes, but I was hoping there was a way to program the buttons on the Smart Dimmer to also control my speakers as well.

Bottom line is that I don't need the dimmer functionality, so I was hoping there was a way to keep the on off button for the lights and use the dim up and down buttons to control volume on the Sonos.

On a similar note. Is there a way to similarly mix light and music controls on a Pico remote. I'm thinking the Pico remote might have more flexibility that way, but the system seems pretty rigid so far.

I'm used to using 3rd party apps to update switches for Philips Hue to be able to flexibly mix and max controls and was hoping Lutron offered that same kind of flexibility, but it seems the services may be very different in that regard.

Lutron Technical Support
    Hello DiscoInfiltrator welcome to the forums!

Natively in the Lutron app the raise/lower (up and down arrows) on a hardwired dimmer cannot be repurposed to control other devices. We recommend taking a look into some advanced integrations such as IFTTT or HomeKit automations. It may be possible to create some if/then statements to adjust the Sonos speakers upon a button press of a dimmer. However, those up and down arrows will always control the lights to some degree.

The Lutron app supports the PJ2-3BRL-GWH-A02​ 3-button Audio Pico. This is a dedicated Pico designed to control your Sonos speakers. A standard 3-button lighting Pico (PJ2-3BRL-GWH-L01) cannot be used natively.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	audiopico.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	24.3 KB 
ID:	1077