Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Are Grafik Eyes and WPMs going to be discontinued/unsupported?

Are Grafik Eyes and WPMs going to be discontinued/unsupported?

The reason I am asking is that a couple of years ago before COVID, I gave a bid to a customer with a Radio Ra (classic) system to upgrade them to Radio Ra2. It would be a perfect 1 to 1 upgrade because the house has 8 6-zone Grafik eyes installed various cabinets. In my bid, since 6 of them were hidden, I thought WPMs would work out best and the other two which were in visible areas and needed a keypad, I went with Grafik eyes. The customer's system was still working so they decided to think about it and sit on it until now.

Now they want to know if the original bid is still more or less good but here is the issue: Ra3 does not for some yet to be announced reason does not support Grafik Eyes, and I can't cut into the cabinets and change the boxes from 4 gang to 6 gang so in its current form, Ra3 is out. I could just put in Ra2, but Ra2 is already almost obsolete. You can't even put an outdoor plug for it because that's for Ra3. So now I have a moral dilemma because I can either say nothing and put in Ra2 and then in a few months Lutron announces that Ra2 is a legacy system without anymore support and without the ability to add new devices as they come out.

The only other viable alternative since we are starting fresh here is to alter the bid and price it out for QSX as it is a current system and does support Grafik Eyes. The only problem there is that now I have no idea what's in teh store for Grafik eyes and WPMs. Why would Lutron leave it out of Ra3? Because they are going to be gone soon or was it just a marketing person who wanted to mess with customers?

Million dollar question! Lutron hasn't said anything. All indications are they are going the way of RPMs.

As an option to support previous systems Lutron "could" make a dual device for RA2/3 and HQS/X. They already have a couple of Maestro dual controls. They just need to squeeze a radio in there.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com