Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: App account(s)

App account(s)

I think Lutron needs to figure out how to open up access to systems using multiple email addresses. It was easier with Lutron Connect helping separate the accounts I'm juggling. However, now I've switched over to a Ra3 system at home it's not so easy.

I have the following:
    -Home - Ra3 (personal)
    -Office - Homeworks (shared with staff)
    -Cabin - Caseta (shared with business partner)

I know I'm in the minority but there has to be a way create users within an account. Maybe give access to allow Lutron users to connect to a system giving them individual access. One of the frustrating things is that I have to juggle 3 different accounts to make all of this work. Like I said, I know I'm in the minority but this has to be an issue for larger residences where there is a house manager or someone who takes care of the property.

2. Likes SparkyCoog liked this post
    It's not that small of a minority. I see it a lot with vacation homes.

You should send your idea to support@lutron.com. They will forward it to the appropriate people.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    It's not that small of a minority. I see it a lot with vacation homes.

You should send your idea to support@lutron.com. They will forward it to the appropriate people.
    I will talk to my rep about it and send the request in as well.

Lots of companies can't seem get many-to-many user and home relationships right. Amazon and Sonos come to mind. Work arounds are so half-a**ed.

Yeah these things aren't novelties anymore so having multiple email addresses are needed. I had a wife take offense that her husband was the "Main" account holder.

This is really a big gap in functionality. My wife is also upset that she cannot access the app to control 25+ Caseta devices we have in the house. Is there any work around?

Lutron Technical Support
    Quote Originally Posted by onefastskater View Post
    This is really a big gap in functionality. My wife is also upset that she cannot access the app to control 25+ Caseta devices we have in the house. Is there any work around?
    Hello,
    Is this about sharing access to the account on her phone as well as yours? Or is this about not having enough space on the system that 25 devices are not controlled by the app?
    If the former, the workaround is to have her log in with the same email and password as you logged in with on your app.
    If the latter, the workaround is to add a second Hub onto your app and add those devices to this new second system. The app can control multiple systems at one, but they all have to be logged in with the same email and password.
    As stated above this does make it difficult when it comes to account-sharing and wanting to give temporary access. I will however pass this suggestion along to the appropriate team for future app feature consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth P. View Post
    Hello,
    Is this about sharing access to the account on her phone as well as yours? Or is this about not having enough space on the system that 25 devices are not controlled by the app?
    If the former, the workaround is to have her log in with the same email and password as you logged in with on your app.
    If the latter, the workaround is to add a second Hub onto your app and add those devices to this new second system. The app can control multiple systems at one, but they all have to be logged in with the same email and password.
    As stated above this does make it difficult when it comes to account-sharing and wanting to give temporary access. I will however pass this suggestion along to the appropriate team for future app feature consideration.
    What I was hoping for is a guest access account levels. If someone has 3 homes they are likely to have different people managing those homes. Ultimately, allowing a guest access to 1 home not all 3. Basically, create a new user, and pair that user to an individual system not the entire account. If that house manager leaves, the owner could remove that granted access from their end.

The only way I currently see it working is the guest creates a Lutron account. The system owner would search for their account and check which home(s) that account would have access to. If they leave or get fired, the owner can unselect access.