Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Ra3 Observations

Ra3 Observations

So I just upgraded my Ra2 system to Ra3. It went "pretty" smoothly but have some observations:

I'm curious how upgrades are going to go for larger homes.
    -Disconnect the Ra2 system from the Lutron Connect App. Otherwise, you may have both homes show up in the Lutron App.
    -The Aux repeaters can no longer be connected to the main repeater as the MUX is gone.
    -I was pricing out a job that involves using RS232 to a Somfy URTSI. That cannot happen with Ra3. Not sure if there is an option going forward.
    -I'm guessing the Ra3 processor has less RF output than the Ra2 Main Repeater. So simply replacing the processor was be as easy as swapping them out in a larger system.
    -The surface mount bracket for the processor does not cover a single gang box. Seems like a miss there....
    -I have one keypad that is not connecting. The processor sits in a pantry closet mounted on the wall (not ceiling). The keypad that is not working is one floor directly below the processor. I took the processor off the wall bracket and aimed it down and it still doesn't work (thinking it may be a distance/obstruction issue). Not sure. So I removed it from the programming, reset the device, reactivated, and bam, working again. Weird.
    -None of my devices are too far from the processor so I cannot comment on how well the Ra3 processor works distance wise.

I'll add more if things pop up.

2. Likes SparkyCoog liked this post
    I'm really interested in how your programming moved over in reference to the button scene choices.

4. Likes jeffw liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by MitchE View Post
    I'm really interested in how your programming moved over in reference to the button scene choices.
    I don't think I had an issue with toggle vs. single action carrying over. I do think that the LED logic is off a little but don't quote me on that and frankly I didn't pay as much attention prior to the transfer. I did have particular had a problem when I copied and pasted a new keypad (because the existing keypad wasn't working). None of the copied states pasted onto the new keypad. I will pay a little more attention to it over the next week and let you know.

I hadn't thought about the mux link. I guess if you have a detached building you will need to use 2 aux repeaters. I don't do it that often but it is a nice feature.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com