Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Can LUT-MLC shunt capacitor be used in 4a or 4u RPM?

Can LUT-MLC shunt capacitor be used in 4a or 4u RPM?

I have to troubleshoot an issue with cabinet lights randomly blinking on an existing system and all I know is that they are on an RPM of some sort. I know that in wall ELV dimmers are on the list of approved devices to use an LUT-MLC on, but if it turns out that it's a minimum load issue, can I use the LUT-MLC in the panel to stabilize the load? I'm just spitballing here until I see the job.

Don't see why not. The 25 watts minimum load is kind of strange for modern Lutron RPMs you would think they would have updated that by now but then again we all know the RPMs are going away in favor of the DIN modules that have no minimum load.

Quote Originally Posted by johnmax View Post
    Don't see why not. The 25 watts minimum load is kind of strange for modern Lutron RPMs you would think they would have updated that by now but then again we all know the RPMs are going away in favor of the DIN modules that have no minimum load.
    As it turned out, I didn't need to do that since they had 4A RPMs and they were set to forward phase. Once I put them on Reverse phase, it really helped. They just flickr a bit on startup. Thanks for your response!

4. Thanks johnmax thanked for this post
    Likes randyc liked this post
    Adjusting the low end trim may help with the flicker on startup.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

It's a minimum load issue.
    spades online

Wow I like the sneaky spam link buried in this reply by edmarrero. Goot thing this forum is managed so well...

They already had 4A RPMs and were set to forward phase, so there was no reason to change that. They started functioning much better after I switched to Reverse phase. On power up, they merely flutter briefly.
    amanda the adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by edmarrero View Post
    It's a minimum load issue.
    spades online

Agree to this :)

If the blinking issue is related to a minimum load requirement, an LUT-MLC (Minimum Load Capacitor) might help stabilize the load. The LUT-MLC is designed to address minimum load issues with certain types of electronic low-voltage (ELV) dimmers. It can be installed in the electrical panel to provide the necessary load for the dimmers to function properly. Run 3

Additionally, thorough testing and validation may be necessary to ensure proper functionality and performance within the RPM system. I checked out this in one car events for which I've to sell tickets online