Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: PD-5ANS and track lighting

PD-5ANS and track lighting

Hello, had a caseta at previous place loved it, moved out and now upgrading a whole house. Living room has a whole series of 3-way lights. One less to another to another. In the middle of these is a set of switches with a 3-way track light. Got a PD-5ANS cause it says it handles ELV/MLV. The house was build in 1986 and it’s an A-frame. Track lighting is up high in living room. Tried wiring it up and it just won’t turn on. Converting the switch from three way to single post with pico remote.

H

Need help with this please.

At one end, connect all 3 wires together. At the other end, determine which wire is hot and which wire goes up to the light. Connect the hot wire(s) to the black and the wire going up to the light to the red. You must connect the neutral.

The wiring diagram below may help.

https://webapiaw1proddat01st01.blob....93_Page_33.pdf
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

So here’s the catch

Thanks randy I appreciate a response and your willingness to help. So here’s the catch the original switch only had two red and two white, the black wires which one is load, are capped together… originally…. So I undid that and tried wiring it with the diagram but it leaves one red out… so I tried just putting the two red and two black (leads and one black from switxh and one from non-load black) and red on switch to black load… per diagram and all nuetrals together and ground to ground… great should work… nope and yes all wires are capped at other switch. So I tried a few other configurations, all colors matching together, swapping load wire and other black wire, moved the reds with the non-load black… just for six hours… 10pm Tuesday night to 4 am Wednesday morning before … Learned a lot about electrical wiring I didn’t know before. Family coming so I switched it back… to blacks caped together (not on switch) and 2 red and 2 white… I would say lead and nuetral but hey they aren’t acting that way or set up that way seemingly… need help figuring this crazy set up out.

The lights in the three way are screwy … if one is on the other won’t work other than turning it off, so one has to be off or the other wont work… it’s kinda a messed up situation and one reason we wanted Lutron so we have one switch to rule them all, one switch to bring them together and in the darkness illuminate them…. Hopefully the reference is understood if not please disregard. So we know it’s not right but it’s been three months since we bought the place and it hasn’t burnt down yet