Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: How will it work–existing Caseta & new HomeWorks or RadioRA2 for Horizontal Sheer?

How will it work–existing Caseta & new HomeWorks or RadioRA2 for Horizontal Sheer?

I’m looking at motorized blinds, type Horizontal Sheer, that 'sort of' show they won’t work with Caseta.

The Horizontal Shears brochures say they work with HomeWorks and RadioRA2, per the 3rd page in Horizontal Sheer Blinds Sell Sheet.

Digging deeper what I find is the opening and closing of the horizontal vanes will not work with a Caseta Smart Hub (or SmartHub Pro). However, apparently the up and down control of will work witrh Caseta. If I were to go ahead with the Horizontal Sheer blinds (and use a HomeWorks or RadioRA2 hub) how will all this work together:

1.Will one instance of the app on a smartphone work with both an existing Caseta SmartHub and a new HomeWorks or RadioRA2 hub? I won’t need two instances of the app, right?

2. I’d need a dealer to install the blinds and to configure the HomeWorks and RadioRA2 hubs? I could not do the configurations of the HomeWorks and RadioRA2 hub myself?

3. If I ever need a change to something in the HomeWorks or RadioRA2 hub I need a dealer to come to my home and make the change? Example, I want to add some Pico wireless controls for the blinds I’d have to get the dealer to do the configuration change, right?

Lutron Technical Support
    Quote Originally Posted by Retired Steel Worker View Post
    I’m looking at motorized blinds, type Horizontal Sheer, that 'sort of' show they won’t work with Caseta.

The Horizontal Shears brochures say they work with HomeWorks and RadioRA2, per the 3rd page in Horizontal Sheer Blinds Sell Sheet.

Digging deeper what I find is the opening and closing of the horizontal vanes will not work with a Caseta Smart Hub (or SmartHub Pro). However, apparently the up and down control of will work witrh Caseta. If I were to go ahead with the Horizontal Sheer blinds (and use a HomeWorks or RadioRA2 hub) how will all this work together:

1.Will one instance of the app on a smartphone work with both an existing Caseta SmartHub and a new HomeWorks or RadioRA2 hub? I won’t need two instances of the app, right?

No, Unfortunately, the Ra2 and HWQS uses the Connect App and Caseta uses the Lutron App. They are two different apps so there is no way to control these shades with two different apps.

2. I’d need a dealer to install the blinds and to configure the HomeWorks and RadioRA2 hubs? I could not do the configurations of the HomeWorks and RadioRA2 hub myself?

Both Ra2 and HWQS are software programmed systems and do require a dealer to get the initial setup done.

3. If I ever need a change to something in the HomeWorks or RadioRA2 hub I need a dealer to come to my home and make the change? Example, I want to add some Pico wireless controls for the blinds I’d have to get the dealer to do the configuration change, right?
    Because they are software based systems, adding devices is one of the instances where you would need a dealer to do so. Once the system is setup, you can make some scene changes, lighting level changes and schedule changes to the system through the app.