Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Low battery warning in HomeKit

Low battery warning in HomeKit

I would like to request that the low battery warnings for the Caseta blinds display on your HomeKit screen. I don’t use the Lutron App unless something is amiss in the HomeKit app. I have 16 blinds and it would make my life easier if a pop up notification in HomeKit warned me of a low battery in one of my blinds.

Lutron Technical Support
    At this time the low battery notification for Pico remotes, shades and sensors is only present in the Lutron app and does not send a notification to integrations.

I find it good practice to go on the Lutron App once a month.

i would echo the original poster's thought that it would be good if HomeKit integration provided full status for Lutron shades including low battery conditions and would allow me to see them in the home app and/or set up automations based on the condition.

Quote Originally Posted by dduff617 View Post
    i would echo the original poster's thought that it would be good if HomeKit integration provided full status for Lutron shades including low battery conditions and would allow me to see them in the home app and/or set up automations based on the condition.

Generally the batteries last so long I am check on once a quarter or even less with the Lutron App but you have to use the Lutron App for that status. There is not other way.