Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Dual Dimmer LED

Dual Dimmer LED

My home came with flood lights on both corners in the rear of the house. Each flood light has two bulbs: Satco s9449 dimmable led par38 15w is what I can make out on the bulbs. Would it be possible to install a dual dimmer switch that controls each light fixture separately? I have installed Lutron dual slider fan/light switches in the past and that would be great to find a switch that gives me the dual control of the flood lights. Thanks for any advice you can lend!

Jim

Lutron does not currently have a dual device rated for LED. If the LEDs are forward phase you may be able to use the Skylark dual dimmer.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Thank you. So is it just a matter of changing flood light bulbs to forward phase to use the Skylark dimmer?

The S9449 under it's spec sheet for dimming states: "Forward Phase or Reverse Phaseor Phase Selectable". The S2-L Skylark dual dimmer is rated for forward phase. We'd recommend to go with a bulb that is forward phase rated only. Also, please note that while not a safety issue this dual dimmer like the rest of our dual controls is not LED rated. A forward phase rated LED bulb may work, but the dimmer is rated for incandescent/halogen only. Depending on how the LED reacts you may get full functionality; we cannot guarantee compatibility because the dimmer is not rated for LEDs. If you have any other questions our tech support team is available at (1-888-588-7661) and support@lutron.com.

Thank you. You've been very helpful to me as, admittedly, I'm willing but not too knowledgeable in all of this!