Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: QS 9.3 DIN Rail Phase Adaptive modules

QS 9.3 DIN Rail Phase Adaptive modules

If I design a system using the phase adaptive DPMs for QS, if any particular zone might exceed 1 amp can I use a PHPM-PA-120-WH?

I don’t see DPM panels in the QS 9.3 software. Those are custom for now?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Sena View Post
    If I design a system using the phase adaptive DPMs for QS, if any particular zone might exceed 1 amp can I use a PHPM-PA-120-WH?

I don’t see DPM panels in the QS 9.3 software. Those are custom for now?
    Dear Tony,

Thank you for the information.

The HomeWorks QS software currently does not have the DPM panels for the LQSE-4A1-D modules.

Can you tell us what application you would be using these for? Would you be able to use a HW-RPM based solution instead of the LQSE-4A1-D modules and PHPM modules?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin P. View Post
    Dear Tony,

Thank you for the information.

The HomeWorks QS software currently does not have the DPM panels for the LQSE-4A1-D modules.

Can you tell us what application you would be using these for? Would you be able to use a HW-RPM based solution instead of the LQSE-4A1-D modules and PHPM modules?
    New homes with many LED fixtures. Some of the loads are less than the 25 watt minimum so I'm attempting to compare using RPM modules with low wattage interfaces versus the LQSE-4A1-D modules and an occasional booster. Maybe a combination of both.

4. Thanks Kevin P. thanked for this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Sena View Post
    New homes with many LED fixtures. Some of the loads are less than the 25 watt minimum so I'm attempting to compare using RPM modules with low wattage interfaces versus the LQSE-4A1-D modules and an occasional booster. Maybe a combination of both.
    Any reason the WPM6 isn't in your comparison?
    The form factor of the LQSE appeals to my nerd sensibilities, but I think the WPM6 is probably a better fit in the US market.

6. Likes Kevin P. liked this post
    Because the WPM6 does not have phase adaptive outputs I can not imagine specifying it unless I completely controlled the selections of connected loads. I do think there is a major hole in the product line for multi zone phase-adaptive control without having to support the added infrastructure & physical size of panels & modules.

The LQSE-4A1-D seems to solve this, however it comes with too many caveats to really be useful in a broad sense.

We continue to design & specify every system with panels, however at times it feels over designed and unnecessary. That being said it has been such a solid solution, it would take some very special hardware to move away from it.

Quote Originally Posted by BradKas View Post
    ...there is a major hole in the product line for multi zone phase-adaptive control without having to support the added infrastructure & physical size of panels & modules.
    Yes! We really need a phase-adaptive WPM. With minimum load wattage very low.