Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Multiple Repeaters

Multiple Repeaters

I have a new relatively large home (6000 sq ft). I've used the Caseta system in my smaller previous home and loved it. I would like to install the Caseta system in my new house, but I'm concerned about range.

Can I use a Smart Bridge and two Smart Wireless Repeaters, or am I limited to one Smart Bridge and one Smart Wireless Repeater?

How many Smart Wireless Repeaters can you connect to one Smart Bridge?

If I can only use one Smart Wireless Repeater, can I use a system with a Smart Bridge, one Smart Wireless Repeater, and one Caseta Plug in Dimmer (I believe this acts as a repeater)?

I do have ethernet/CAT7 to almost every room in the house, but I'm not sure if this helps as it looks like the Smart Wireless Repeater is purely wireless and doesn't have an ethernet port.

I know I could go with the RA2 Select, but I'd like a system I can buy/install/upgrade myself without having to use an installer.

Thanks!

Lutron Technical Support
    Hello. Only one repeater PD-REP-WH can be used per bridge. You can also use one PD-3PCL-WH (first one added in app) lamp dimmer per system as a range extender. Can see which one by going to Settings>Advanced>Range Extender. https://support.lutron.com/us/en/pro...-Caseta-Bridge The repeater PD-REP-WH just has a power supply and no Ethernet.

Thanks! With the RA2 Select can the installer place multiple repeaters?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt H. View Post
    Hello. Only one repeater PD-REP-WH can be used per bridge. You can also use one PD-3PCL-WH (first one added in app) lamp dimmer per system as a range extender. Can see which one by going to Settings>Advanced>Range Extender. https://support.lutron.com/us/en/pro...-Caseta-Bridge The repeater PD-REP-WH just has a power supply and no Ethernet.

Lutron Technical Support
    Yes. With a RA2 Select System you can have up to 4 Aux repeaters (L-REPPRO).

Other than the fact that the lamp dimmer also acts as a lamp dimmer, in terms of their use as a repeater/extender, are there any differences between the repeater and the lamp dimmer? In other words, if I'm looking for an option to extend the range of my Lutron Caseta signal throughout my house is there any reason to get the more expensive repeater over the lamp dimmer if they both serve the same extender function? Thanks.

Lutron Technical Support
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross0 View Post
    Other than the fact that the lamp dimmer also acts as a lamp dimmer, in terms of their use as a repeater/extender, are there any differences between the repeater and the lamp dimmer? In other words, if I'm looking for an option to extend the range of my Lutron Caseta signal throughout my house is there any reason to get the more expensive repeater over the lamp dimmer if they both serve the same extender function? Thanks.
    The Caseta repeater has a broader RF coverage range than the plug-in lamp dimmer. Check out this page on the support site for diagrams showing how far each device covers. You can place the repeater up to 60' away from the bridge, while the plug-in lamp dimmer must fall within 30' of either the bridge or repeater.