Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: PD-6WCL - Lights On But Switch Not Working

PD-6WCL - Lights On But Switch Not Working

Hello, big Caseta fan here. Never had any problems with them until now.

I have installed a PD-6WCL dimmer to control 5 outdoor lights on a barn. The lights are wired in parallel, as is standard practice I believe.
    When I turn on the breaker, the lights come on at full strength. But the dimmer switch does nothing. It won't turn the lights off, nor dim them, and the LED's on the switch don't light up.

I bought a second switch and installed that to see if the first one was faulty. But I get the same result.

I bought new bulbs, which are specifically listed as being Caseta compatible. No improvement.

Then I considered whether maybe there was not enough current draw through the switch. I have a neutral wire available in the switch box, so I wired in a LUT-MLC downstream of the switch between the switched hot wire and the neutral. Still no improvement.

So now I am not sure what to do. If anyone has any ideas I would be very thankful.

Lutron Technical Support
    This sounds like an incompatible LED load. The LUT-MLC is only for use with electronic switches (such as the PD-5WS-DV or PD-6ANS) and not dimmers. What is the make and model of the LED's?

3. Thanks grstroes thanked for this post
    Thanks.
    I removed the LUT-MLC just now. No change.
    I've changed out all 5 bulbs to Philips A19 Model 557587. I got this p/n straight off the Lutron website. But honestly, I've never paid much attention to what LED bulbs I used with Caseta equipment, and it was always worked for me. This is my first problem. I am sort of stumped.

Never mind. Called Lutron and it turned out to be a wiring problem. Everything ok now.