Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Adding and controlling Garage Doors in QSX

Adding and controlling Garage Doors in QSX

Hi, I just finished my Homeworks Qualification course (online) and jumping right into my first large project. I'm coming from a Control4 and RadioRa2 background.

Everything is wired for QS link in the house and we ran wires to each garages. I would like to install a QSE-IO ins the garage to monitor and control the garage doors with the keypads (Alisse) and the app. Everything is also linked to Control4.

Now I'm trying to link the QSE-IO to garage doors (CCO to controls and CCI to door contacts) but I don't see any way to do this in Designer. I can only assign the CCO and CCI to loads and wired Lutron devices. I sent a couple of emails to HWQSX training but not getting any replies so far.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

TIA.

Hello! You can use the QSE-IO and program the contacts in the Program Tab of the designer software. It works similar to the VCRX from RadioRA 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan C. View Post
    Hello! You can use the QSE-IO and program the contacts in the Program Tab of the designer software. It works similar to the VCRX from RadioRA 2.
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply. What do I link the programming to, I dont see anything to link it to such as garage doors or anything.
    Thanks

Hi Quadriom,

Some contact closure load would need to be assigned to the QSE-IO. Navigate to Design > Loads and add them to the project, then navigate to Design > Equipment > expand the QSE-IO > click "Assign" to assign the loads. To program these to keypad buttons, navigate to Program > Devices > select the keypad button and change "Assignable Items" from "Lighting Zones" (which it may display by default) to "Contact Closure." Then, select the contact closure loads to operate.