Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Odd issue when upgrading from 12.7 to 12.10

Odd issue when upgrading from 12.7 to 12.10

The problem does not effect functionality but is freaked me out at first so thought I would share. After upgrading from 12.7 to 12.10 I noticed that in the design tab when I went to edit an existing dimmer (all PRO in this case) the dialog box that lets you specify the device type was empty, which was weird because it had been populated with the correct device. So I went to fill it back in and got a yellow triangle with an exclamation point in it with the following text "object reference not set to an instance of an object"
    I sent the file to support@lutron.com and with a couple of days they have figured out the issue and say it will be fixed in the next software update, whenever that is. Here is their response:

"Our engineering team took a look into your issue and have determined the issue is caused by a bug in software not properly interpreting extracted databases. This will be fixed when the next version of RadioRA2 is eventually released (I can make no commitments to a time frame for this fix)."

Very happy to have such a quick response!

Were you able to work around it?

Bug in 12.10

Quote Originally Posted by gt3mike View Post
    Were you able to work around it?
    Lutron Support sent me a file in a few days which corrected the problem for that job.

Here is a copy of their response:

Hello,

Our engineering team took a look into your issue and have determined the issue is caused by a bug in software not properly interpreting extracted databases. This will be fixed when the next version of RadioRA2 is eventually released (I can make no commitments to a time frame for this fix).

If you have any other databases with the problem, please send them in to use and we will apply a fix to the database.
    Last edited by Bill13; 10-30-2021 at 11:50 AM. Reason: spelling