Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Approaching the device limit

Approaching the device limit

I’m approaching the 75 device limit. It’s frustrating that this limit is imposed.

I have several pico remotes that are paired with a single lamp. Is it possible to remove those from the system so that they don’t count against my 75 device limit? Obviously I would want the remote to still work.

Lutron Technical Support
    You could remove the Pico remote to however it would no longer work with a devices that is still part of the app as well. Meaning you would have to remove the Pico remote and the dimmer/switch that it is paired to as well. The Pico will only work with dimmer that are part of the system in the app or dimmers that are not part of the system outside the app. Both the Pico and dimmer have to be part of the system to work together or not part of the system to work with each other. They cannot be split. This would be ideal for devices that are not generally used within the system all that much.

This is so frustrating. Why do you suppose Lutron imposes a 75 accessory limit? It seems like today’s hardware and software should be able to support more than that. I don’t know what options I have other than to buy lighting accessories from other companies if I want to add more. Any tips or thoughts or sympathy would be appreciated!

Lutron imposes device limits at least partially due to techincal limitations (range, bridge getting overwhelmed), but they also impose limits to encourage you to upgrade to a bigger system like RadioRA2 or HomeWorks.