Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Will Caseta lights work with Schlage Sense smart lock?

Will Caseta lights work with Schlage Sense smart lock?

This is my first post so please forgive me if I posted in the wrong area. Will Caseta light switches work in tandem with the new Schlage Sense smart lock that just came out last week? Both are HomeKit approved and app controllable. I just installed the Schlage Sense Smart lock in my condo and I want to know if there is a way to create automated rules between Caseta lights and my smart lock? Whenever the door is unlocked, my Caseta light switch in the front hallway turns on and when the door locks, the Caseta light turns off. Both are HomeKit enabled and I have an apple tv. It seems like this should be possible I just dont really know how as I haven't bought the Caseta lights yet to play around with. If this isn't possible I will just buy another Lutron motion sensor light for the hallway (but I'd rather have a Caseta in there instead as I am buying them for other rooms in the condo.)

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you!!!

Bueller, Bueller, Anyone?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by emclean View Post
    This is my first post so please forgive me if I posted in the wrong area. Will Caseta light switches work in tandem with the new Schlage Sense smart lock that just came out last week? Both are HomeKit approved and app controllable. I just installed the Schlage Sense Smart lock in my condo and I want to know if there is a way to create automated rules between Caseta lights and my smart lock? Whenever the door is unlocked, my Caseta light switch in the front hallway turns on and when the door locks, the Caseta light turns off. Both are HomeKit enabled and I have an apple tv. It seems like this should be possible I just dont really know how as I haven't bought the Caseta lights yet to play around with. If this isn't possible I will just buy another Lutron motion sensor light for the hallway (but I'd rather have a Caseta in there instead as I am buying them for other rooms in the condo.)

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you!!!
    There is currently no way for Caseta to directly integrate with your smart lock. However, there may be a way for you to create a HomeKit home in a 3rd party app that contains both your Caseta devices and your smart lock. One third party app that offers this kind of functionality is "Elgato Eve". That being said, we have not tested your specific application so you should confirm that the Schlage Sense smart lock will work with Elgato. We are not affiliated with Elgato Eve in any way, I just know it is one of the more popular (and free) HomeKit apps.

This might allow you do create a "goodbye scene" that locks you door and sets your light levels with one command, but it wouldn't offer conditional programming like, "if I lock my front door, then turn on my porch lights." There are other 3rd party apps that offer this type of programming (like IFTTT) but I don't think know if Schlage is supported by IFTTT.

Hope this helps!

emclean, look for the HomeKit compatible app which supports "triggers", new in iOS9. You can creates rules as simple as you describe, as well as conditional based on time of day.

This is awesome guys thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by emclean View Post
    This is awesome guys thank you so much!
    I wish we could add it to Lutron, as they currently have the geo fence feature. But "I devices" is a great app for homekit, laid out well and works with lutron. So setting a scene for "I'm Home" turns on my lights and opens the door. (most of the time, but thats not lutrons fault)

Quote Originally Posted by Sawdust View Post
    I wish we could add it to Lutron, as they currently have the geo fence feature. But "I devices" is a great app for homekit, laid out well and works with lutron. So setting a scene for "I'm Home" turns on my lights and opens the door. (most of the time, but thats not lutrons fault)
    You can look at the software Homeseer, just did a plug-in that can control the Caseta with it and it also can control the door lock, so you can create an even to do that.

go to the forum if you want to try as the plug-in is not in the store now.