Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: VCRX input / CCI to keypad light?

VCRX input / CCI to keypad light?

I have a location with a VCRX that can and does control the garage door via output 1, and i have repeater phantom button 31 set up to control it via the RTI home control system...

There is a keypad in the kitchen that has also been set up to trigger the garage door, but the light on that button only comes on momentarily and what we would like that to do is light up when the door is open.

I set up a reed switch (a CCI / magnetic switch) and the VCRX is recognizing when it's open or closed (the light goes on).

what i would like to do is set up the keypad button to reflect when the garage door is open, and i can't seem to figure out a way to do that.

i have played with the whole 'vitual switch' idea but have had no success with it.

anyone have ideas?

You could add a phantom lighting zone and assign it to the door keypad button. However, if someone opens or closes the door without using the RA system it will be out of sync.

You would need a contact closure on the door and use the CCI on the VCRX. You would still need a phantom zone to get proper feedback on the keypad.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

i have the CCI in place, and the VCRX is showing the correct reaction (lighting Input 1 on closure, though i'd like it to light up the button when open to remind people to close it).

so the CCI is in place... when you say a phantom zone... i already have a phantom button set up to activate the opener, and it works, and that button is assigned to the keypad allowing me to open the garage from the keypad - the problem is that the light on the keypad goes off after a few seconds, and i'd like it to remain on while the CCI is open.

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    You could add a phantom lighting zone and assign it to the door keypad button. However, if someone opens or closes the door without using the RA system it will be out of sync.

You would need a contact closure on the door and use the CCI on the VCRX. You would still need a phantom zone to get proper feedback on the keypad.

SUCCESS (kind of) -

i don't know why the phantom switch idea didn't work at first, but it is working now... the only problem is when i have the cci together the light on the VCRX is on (expected) and the light on the keypad is on (unwanted). i'd like to reverse the light on the keypad so the light is the warning that the garage door is open.

i set the keypad to trigger the virtual switch as well as the garage door... i need to figure this out... any suggestions are appreciated.

Lutron Technical Support
    Thank you for your inquiry. In Radio RA2, you'll be unable to modify the LED Logic in this case. If the phantom load being on = the Garage Door is open, the LED on the keypad will be on. If the phantom load off = the Garage Door being closed, the LED on the keypad should be off. Homeworks QS/QSX allows customized LED logic, but that's not an available feature in Radio RA2.

thank you for this... so i'm stuck with the light being on meaning the cci is in contact for the light to be on. i have mounted the cci at the peak of my garage door, the light on the VCRX comes on - BUT - how do i get that light to appear on the W6BRL in the kitchen?

i'm working toward that light being a reminder that the garage is open.

thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan C. View Post
    Thank you for your inquiry. In Radio RA2, you'll be unable to modify the LED Logic in this case. If the phantom load being on = the Garage Door is open, the LED on the keypad will be on. If the phantom load off = the Garage Door being closed, the LED on the keypad should be off. Homeworks QS/QSX allows customized LED logic, but that's not an available feature in Radio RA2.

You will need a third party system to do this, built in RA2 programming cannot separate button and LED logic.

so here's how i solved the problem -

i have the CCI connected to the VCRX, i managed to get the 'virtual switch' idea found on the lutron forums to work...

(the cci input on vcrx triggers the virtual switch to OFF maintained when closed)

i then set the keypad button to trigger that virtual switch to ON and trigger the door opener.

at the same time that virtual switch is able to be tracked by the Lutron driver in RTI and feed that information and control to RTI