Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Caseta with Harmony Hub

Caseta with Harmony Hub

My Logitech Harmony hub will not detect my Lutron Smart Bridge located on same network. Does anyone else have this setup and know how to resolve this?

Lutron Technical Support
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilans1 View Post
    My Logitech Harmony hub will not detect my Lutron Smart Bridge located on same network. Does anyone else have this setup and know how to resolve this?
    Are you able to control the Smart Bridge dimmers/switches through the Caseta app?

Yes, I sure can. But Harmony Hub refuses to detect the smartbridge. Both are connected to same router.

Any way to troubleshoot this very frustrating issue? Trying to get insight as to how the Harmony Hub actually detects the Smartbridge...maybe that could help identify the problem.

Hey Ilans, I also saw your post on Harmony too. I am having the same issue. My harmony hub controls everything fine with remote or app. And my Lutron app controls my dimmer switch fine. The Harmony Hub refuses to discover the Lutron Smart Bridge. I have the smart Bridge Pro2 by the way, so it should work fine. I used an app called Fing to verify both hubs are on the same 2.4GHz network, and used Bonjour Browser confirm both have communication capability with Bonjour protocol. Then I updated my router firmware (Belkin N450) and made sure to enable uPnP in my router settings. Still nothing.

Have you been able to find a fix yet? This is frustrating considering I sold over $1,200 worth of URC remote and accessories and switched to Harmony since they promised easier "home automation" compatibility with other connected devices.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Ilans, I also saw your post on Harmony too. I am having the same issue. My harmony hub controls everything fine with remote or app. And my Lutron app controls my dimmer switch fine. The Harmony Hub refuses to discover the Lutron Smart Bridge. I have the smart Bridge Pro2 by the way, so it should work fine. I used an app called Fing to verify both hubs are on the same 2.4GHz network, and used Bonjour Browser confirm both have communication capability with Bonjour protocol. Then I updated my router firmware (Belkin N450) and made sure to enable uPnP in my router settings. Still nothing.

Have you been able to find a fix yet? This is frustrating considering I sold over $1,200 worth of URC remote and accessories and switched to Harmony since they promised easier "home automation" compatibility with other connected devices.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian W. View Post
    Are you able to control the Smart Bridge dimmers/switches through the Caseta app?
    Do you know if there has been a fix. I am having the same issue. Seems like a ton of people over on the Harmony forums have the same issue.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Johnblaze678 View Post
    Do you know if there has been a fix. I am having the same issue. Seems like a ton of people over on the Harmony forums have the same issue.

Thank you
    Usually this is the issue from the router prevent Harmony to locate Lutron hub, no fix from Lutron or Harmony can fix it. I had the same issue with the router provided from my cable company. To fix it, I added another ASUS router on top, and both devices are connected with ASUS router.\

My Harmony hub finally discovered the Lutron hub and all attached devices. Up until now it could never do it. Only change was I had to bounce my Lutron hub for another issue. Not even sure that fixed the issue. Point is it can work and now does. I can control Lutron lights from the Harmony IOS app. I gather I can now create AV lighting scenes with HRmony devices and Caseta lights

Update - can program Lutron/sequence lighting options as part of Harmony activities . Dim lights at start of Apple TV sequence etc and even brighten them after activity is terminated .
    Happy Lutron customer here ??

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    The Harmony Hub uses a type of multicast to discover the Smart Bridge on the network. If your Harmony Hub is having trouble discovering your Smart Bridge, the router could be blocking the multicast traffic. Also, if your Smart Bridge is not plugged directly into the router, multicast traffic may not be passed correctly through things like access points or managed network switches.

It’s also possible that the router isn’t blocking this traffic globally. Some routers have settings to block multicast just over Wifi, or even more specifically, just for Wifi to Ethernet traffic. These are important settings to check because the Harmony Hub connects via Wifi and the Smart Bridge connects via Ethernet.

To ensure proper network security and functionality, we recommend contacting a network professional if requiring assistance in changing your router’s settings. For more specific networking information you can visit our Caseta Networking FAQs here: https://forums.lutron.com/showthread...Networking-FAQ

11. Likes Eric H. liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast