Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: QSX System Unresponsive Mods

QSX System Unresponsive Mods

Hi All
    We are installing a QSX system with LQSE-4A5 and 4S8. We are currently seeing errors on the most of our mod outputs. 3 fast blinks and pause is a "shorted component and to contact Lutron support". I have removed all load that were flashing an error, I have connect to just one mod and one load for testing I have also bypass any other QS devices. However that mod is still unresponsive to manual control or via Home works software. I have tried Diagnostics and Terminal both have not COMM with mod. Has any one had any similar experiences? Any help will be extremely appreciated. As all way client arrives soon UGH!!

Lutron Technical Support
    Thank you for your post Avslave.

The three blink sequence seen on the module output is an shorted component error code. What type of load was connected to these various outputs and how much load is there? What is the input voltage at the module? Was the module wired live? If the same load is put on a working output, does the problem follow the load?

This may be resolved more quickly by contacting Lutron Tech Support at 1-888-588-7661.

Quote Originally Posted by Avslave View Post
    Hi All
    We are installing a QSX system with LQSE-4A5 and 4S8. We are currently seeing errors on the most of our mod outputs. 3 fast blinks and pause is a "shorted component and to contact Lutron support". I have removed all load that were flashing an error, I have connect to just one mod and one load for testing I have also bypass any other QS devices. However that mod is still unresponsive to manual control or via Home works software. I have tried Diagnostics and Terminal both have not COMM with mod. Has any one had any similar experiences? Any help will be extremely appreciated. As all way client arrives soon UGH!!
    If read my Post I did contact Lutron Support and got no results!! This error is caused by a short that correct the error is also caused by the bridge clips not being removed. Which in my opinion would and should be Supports first question!!

Lutron Technical Support
    The LED feedback of 3 blink and pause could indicated that there is a shorted component inside the module OR the dimmed hot output is wired to power. To clear the error, you will need to power cycle the module. If the error continues to persist, the unit may be physically damaged. Is this a brand new module being connected to its loads for the first time? What type of loads is the module connected to?