Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 4mo for Ra2 shades

4mo for Ra2 shades

Hi all-- I'm doing some more windows in the house and my local lutron rep put the order in back in early May. Coming up on 4mo, I'm being told that 'all Lutron inventory is backed up, pandemic etc etc'

Are you guys seeing long backlogs for Lutron equipment? Does 4mo++ seem a reasonable wait for shades?

Best, -Jeff-

Lutron Technical Support
    Unfortunately, due to fabric supply issues, there have been cases where longer-than-expected lead times have occurred with some fabric types.

I posted this already but I was at a house and updated the firmware and the main repeater got bricked. I could not find a single main repeater anywhere in our large city and Lutron said it would take 3 weeks. We got it in 2 weeks but still, nothing like this was happening in the old days.

I would say it’s important to consider the fact this is not an issue unique to Lutron- I cannot get a lot of networking equipment right now, not to mention the automotive issues. Hard to place the blame on Lutron.

Yeah it's pretty nuts. We couldn't even find a 200 AMP disconnect with a breaker anywhere in town. We found one place that had a fused disconnect but they didn't have the fuse for it! Also Costco is out of Kirkland brand papertowels and they have a limit of 1 for Bounty.

Still no Ra2 blinds. Order was for 10 shades and afaik no unusual fabrics.

Going on 9mo wait at this point. Still not entirely sure if it's lutron or my local dealer... Communication has been pretty unprofessional.

Lutron Technical Support
    Have you tried contacting our Shading Customer Service department about the order? Alternately, I would suggest contacting the Lutron Sales Rep in your area.