Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Scene Pico Ideas

Scene Pico Ideas

Hi all!

I am building a house and my electrician is installing Caseta switches throughout the home for me. My smart-home guy is willing to order 2, 3 and 4 button scene Picos (with custom engraving if I wish) and mount those in certain places to, well, enable scene control. I have been putting a ton of thought into this and don't know how I want these Picos configured. For those who have these special Picos, how do you have your scenes set up for the home? We are also installing Serena shades as well as whole home audio which I am considering controlling with Sonos amps versus the Russound amp we originally priced out. From my understanding, Sonos integrates quite well with Lutron.

Thanks!

2. Thanks JohnNied thanked for this post
    Likes JohnNied liked this post

Hope this helps with your Pico / Scenes

Hello,

I have installed a complete Caséta Lighting Control system in my home. Every single lighting source is controlled through Caséta, basic, architectural, task, accent, decorative, closet, fan, art studio, holiday. I have control from the actual dimmer / switch device (Local) or from an Individual Pico or a Scene Pico. I don't use Sonos or have any shades. I can share my knowledge on my lighting control set up.

I was also looking for a variety of scene control options, with out of the box flexibility and norms. Fortunately with lots of research into the Pico product line, I was able to fulfill my requirements. For the most programming flexibility you will want to stay away from the Standard “-L*1” Series Picos. With these Picos, whatever devices are linked, will be controlled as a group, NOT individually. ALSO the bottom button is MANDATORY OFF.

The MOST Flexible 4 Button Scene Picos will be the “P01, P02, P03, P11, P12, P13, P14 and EL2”. The EL2 being the Custom Engraved Pico. The 2 Button Entry / Bedside Pico “P01, P02, P11, P12” is also fully programable. The 2 Button Pico I believe can also be Custom Engraved, check with Lutron Customer Service.

With these Picos, I was able to set up Global Scenes, that control across / overlap rooms, Multiple Pico control points, and priorities.
    I have 2 Custom Engraved 4 Button EL2’s, side by side on a double pedestal. This is my Master Scene Control. On the Left Pico it is Engraved (Top to Bottom) ENTERTAIN, NIGHT, RELAX, ALL OFF. Right Side Pico is Engraved (Top to Bottom) SCENE 4, SCENE 5, SCENE 6, SCENE 7.
    With these 8 Buttons, I’m able to control EVERYTHING in my home !
    When I got to bed, I hit the ALL OFF - It turns Every Single Light / Device (27) OFF
    ENTERTAIN, NIGHT and RELAX all do the same thing, respectively. SCENE 4 is my Wake up Scene, SCENE 5 is my Night Bathroom Path, SCENE 6 Turns Off Art Studio Lights Only, SCENE 7 is a Spare / Open Scene. With these being on a Double Pedestal, I usually have it next to my bed. But it can be moved anywhere I want while entertaining.

Also in the Bedroom I have a Triple Pedestal, that has 2 PJ2-3BRL-GWH-L01 (2 lights / devices individually) and 1 PJ2-4B-TMN-P01. This gives me individual control, and scene control over the 5 dimmers and 1 switch (closet light) in the bedroom.

The rest of the Picos are distributed in locations where needed, kitchen, entry, bathroom, art studio and living room. Living Room has the same set up as the bedroom, Master Scene Picos. Except the Pico on the Left is a standard PJ2-4B-TMN-P03 (Any Room) and the Pico on the right is a Custom Engraved Pico, SCENE 4, SCENE 5, SCENE 6, SCENE 7. The other Custom Engraved Pico is the Entry Pico, HOME, NIGHT, RELAX, AWAY.

All of my 4 button Picos Standard and Engraved are in the TMN finish, Satin Midnight. All other Picos are in the Standard GWH finish, Gloss White.

Here is a listing of my Caséta System :

Qty
    Model Description
    Caséta Hub
    PD-6WCL-WH / BL Wall Dimmer
    PD-5NE-BL ELV Dimmer
    PD-3PCL-WH Lamp Dimmer
    PD-5ANS-WH Switch w / Neutral
    Devices

PJ2-3BRL-GWH-L01 3 Button with Raise / Lower
    PJ2-2B-GWH-L01 2 Button Lights Pico
    PJ2-4B-GWH-P01 4 Button Family Room Pico
    PJ2-4B-GWH-P02 4 Button Kitchen Pico
    PJ2-4B-GWH-P03 4 Button Any Room Pico
    PJ2-4B-TMN-EL2 4 Button Custom Engraved Picos
    Picos

L-PED1-BL Single Pico Pedestal
    L-PED2-BL Double Pico Pedestal
    L-PED3-BL Triple Pico Pedestal
    Pedestals

Devices Total

4. Thanks C7R35 thanked for this post
    Likes C7R35 liked this post

This is my Pico Layout

6. Thanks C7R35 thanked for this post
    Likes C7R35 liked this post
    Wow! This is exactly what I was looking for. The individual programming of the scene picos is exactly what I'd like. I also wanted to control individual loads with a 4-button pico, but it looks like my best bet is a couple of those PJ2-3BRL-GWH-L01 picos on a pedestal. I have a few Caseta dimmers in my rental home right now, so I might order a couple of picos to play around with. Thank you for sharing your configuration!!