Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Keypads stop responding to certain button presses a few days after uploading project

Question Keypads stop responding to certain button presses a few days after uploading project

I have a Lutron Homeworks 8 system installed by the previous owner of my house. I've had it running now for 6 years without a problem until recently. I have access to Homeworks Illumination 1.64 software where I've been able to download and save the original configuration and make some minor changes a couple times over the years myself. The current problem is there is a lighting group that works absolutely fine after I upload a project, but only for around 2-3 days, then the two keypads associated with it stop communicating with that group, but otherwise have no trouble controlling other lighting groups associated with other button on those keypads. I'm pretty confident it isn't a config problem as I've never altered that lighting group or the config of the switches and, in fact, everything works as expected for a few days after I re-upload the project to the system. I'm also thinking it's not the keypads themselves or an RF or physical wiring issue, as other buttons on the keypads work other lighting groups no problem, and again, everything works fine right after I re-upload the project. Oddly enough, however, the lighting group itself can be controlled from the Homeworks iOS app as well as from the Terminal program inside HW Illumination without problem even after the keypads have stopped responding, so the lighting group itself also appears not to be the problem. So, I'm out of ideas. I'm guessing there is something more fundamental going on, like one of the relay panels is going bad or something, but it's beyond me. Any ideas what my next troubleshooting step might be? I will call a Lutron technician out if it comes down to it, but I'd rather try to chase this down myself first.

Run the diagnostic program from the terminal screen. I would select full (not just RF).

Make sure all your repeaters are plugged in an functioning. Sometimes they get plugged into switched outlets.

It's not uncommon for systems from that era to have to reacquire a device or three.

It's also not uncommon for them to get a but that isn't overwritten by an upload. You could try and upload the OS then upload the program again.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

3. Thanks gourdo thanked for this post
    Likes gourdo liked this post

Red face

@randyc I just wanted to come back here to thank you for the suggestions. I had already tried just about everything you suggested, except I had never noticed the option to re-upload the OS. It seems that may have done the trick -- now going on 5 days with the problematic circuit working as expected.

Thanks!

5. Likes randyc liked this post