Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Maestro MA-LFQ35 Questions

Maestro MA-LFQ35 Questions

The home I just bought has a Maestro MA-LFQ35 that controls one light and 3 fans however, there's a switch on another wall that if I turn it on it removes power from the Maestro. I'm trying figure out how this thing is setup and works. If I remove the Maestro and install two separate switches I can't get the fans to turn on. Is there another component to this system that I'm not finding? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi there! We are sorry to hear of the issue occurring with your MA-LFQ35. To clarify, the MA-LFQ35 works with the canopy module CM-L300FQ1. Here is the install guide that goes over both components that must work together @ https://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocu...ary/033211.pdf. We also recommend to bypass the mechanical switch and see without it in play if the issue still occurs. If you are working with LEDs we would recommend the MACL-LFQ as it is tested/rated to work with a fan/light combo that uses LED bulbs. However, the MACL-LFQ will require a separate switch leg connection for the light and for the fan. If you have any other questions our tech support is available 24/7 @ 1-888-588-7661 and support@lutron.com.

I had the same issue with Maestro MA-LFQ35 at first but then I have bypassed the mechanical switch as told and turned out it was all about the switch. Then I have changed the switched and the problem was solved. Currently I'm planning to buy property in Costa Blanca and install the same equipment and I hope there won't be any problems.

Can someone explain how you bypass the mechanical switch? (I assume you take MA-LFQ35M out of the equation, but leave in the canopy module?) I need to determine if it is the canopy or switch that is the issue.

thanks