Quote Originally Posted by gt3mike View Post
Homeowners can take the level 1 (L1) RA2 training self-paced at home. Once completed, you can download and use the RA2 Essentials software yourself.

Where it gets tricky is if a pro touches your project using the RA2 Inclusive (L2) software, then the Essentials (L1) software won't be able to open the project anymore. A couple of ways to get around this are:
1) I think Lutron can modify the project so that Essentials can open it again.
2) In some cases, Lutron or a distributor may be willing to upgrade your Essentials (L1) software to Inclusive (L2) so that you can continue to maintain your project.
3) You can take the L2 class. It costs money, but it is available remotely these days, and it is GREAT. Also when you sign up you get a bunch of devices to use in the training for your "lab" that you get to keep. These devices are worth 2-3x what you pay for the training.

Mike
Ahhh gotcha. This is very similar to Control4 where they have an installer app and a washed-down version that allows the homeowner to tweak things but not get dangerous.

Much appreciated - this info is really helpful.

On to get trained - I'm interested in learning regardless if I personally install or not.