Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Converting two separate circuits to a three way

Converting two separate circuits to a three way

Hi,
    I have two separate switches controlling lights on the front and back of my porch (neither of which are currently three way switches and they are located by the front and back doors). Can I use two caseta switches in place of the two existing switches, and pair them to behave like three way switches? I would like both the front and back porch lights to turn on and off together when switched from either location. I do not need or want dimming. Thanks for any help.

Not exactly. The 2 caseta switches would not talk to each other. They will talk to Pico remotes. You could have a Pico remote at the front door that controls both switches. You could also have one at the back door. All would need to be within 30 feet of each other. You don't need a bridge unless you want app control or devices are more than 30 feet.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    Not exactly. The 2 caseta switches would not talk to each other. They will talk to Pico remotes. You could have a Pico remote at the front door that controls both switches. You could also have one at the back door. All would need to be within 30 feet of each other. You don't need a bridge unless you want app control or devices are more than 30 feet.
    Thanks Randy!
    One more piece of information. I did add a Lutron Caseta Smart Bridge to allow me to control my switches using my iPhone. Although the Lutron app doesn’t seem to allow this, will the Apple Homekit allow me to do this? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jime126 View Post
    Thanks Randy!
    One more piece of information. I did add a Lutron Caseta Smart Bridge to allow me to control my switches using my iPhone. Although the Lutron app doesn’t seem to allow this, will the Apple Homekit allow me to do this? Thank you.
    You can create a Scene in HomeKit that will allow you to control multiple devices. You would need separate scenes for on and off. For my exterior lights, I use HomeKit to automate them so they automatically turn on at sunset and off at sunrise.