Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Repeater Connects but I cant add devices near it. Help!!

Repeater Connects but I cant add devices near it. Help!!

I am a previous insteon user and hated the system. I was told that Lutron Caseta would be my happy place. It totally was until I ran into this weird issue. I have a house about 4200 sq ft that has the bridge and about 40 devices attached the the Lutron app. All works perfectly. I then wanted to expand the system to my guest house and I added all new Caseta light switches and dimmers to my Guest House which is approx 30 feet away from my main house. I added a Repeater and it connected perfectly which would make sense that I would now be able to add the light switches within feet from the repeater. Well, it doesn't work. Not a single Lutron Device in the Guest house will connect to the system. Again, the repeater connects, but I just cant add anything. Here are steps I took already.1) I moved the repeater to several locations, and they connected in all or most of them. (tried to add a switch that is 3 feet away from the connected repeater and it didn't work)2) I unplugged the Bridge and then unplugged the repeater and then reconnected it to the network.. I waited for all to be connected and then again, (tried to add a switch that is 3 feet away from the connected repeater and it didn't work)3) I factory reset the switch, then again tried to (add that same switch that is 3 feet away from the connected repeater and it didn't work)4) I turned off the switch (pulled the pin out) then reset both the repeater and the bridge and reconnected it and again, tried to add that same switch that is 3 feet away from the connected repeater and it didn't work)5) I called customer service and spoke to them and they said that I should call back during regular business hours. He was stumped as well.I am stumped and tried everything. Does anyone know if this is a normal occurrence and what the issue can be? Thanks in advance.

Lutron Technical Support
    Is the repeater that you are using the Lutron repeater PD-REP? Also, did you add it to the Lutron app by clicking on Add Device->Repeater? If you did all that already, are there any metal surfaces between the bridge and repeater? Even something small like a metal cabinet could affect the RF signal

You have the correct repeater or the system would not recognize it. You could not add a RadioRA 2 repeater to a Caseta system.

If your device isn't recognized, make sure you have the correct device selected in the app. If you have a dimmer selected and try to add a switch, the app won't recognize it.

The link below shows resetting of a RA2 device. He taps 5 times but it doesn't matter as once it sees the 3 within the specified time, it does the action.

I'd also look at putting in a plug-in dimmer as an additional repeater. My first choice would be the plug-in dimmer in the main house and the repeater in the garage.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com