Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 2 dimmers + fan control intermittent failure

2 dimmers + fan control intermittent failure

I've had an issue for a few months now with a single upstairs "bonus" room located above a garage. It had a hall light (top and bottom of stairs) and a double-gang box controlling a ceiling fan and ceiling fan light. I replaced all the stair switches with a dimmer and a pico remote. In the room itself I replaced the light switch with a dimmer and the fan switch with a 4-speed fan control. I had an initial issue with the single-bulb hall light not working reliably but after changing the LED bulb in it the whole shebang worked fine for about 6 months. All other Casita devices work great in the house. [br]Now: in an intermittent and unpredictable fashion ALL 3 switches fail. Either all 3 fail or all 3 work. At all times. I just read about the FASS today so next time I will try that, however I do know that reseting the breaker does NOT fix the issue. Also of note: all other outlets on the same electrical circuit in the room continue to function normally. [br]On 2 occasions (out of about 50) I have found stepping or jumping in certain areas of the room can make the switches die. Most of the time (including right now) I cannot jump, bang, rattle or do anything to make the issue happen. It seems to me the wiring must somehow be suspect but I'm not sure how to go about diagnosing the issue or narrowing down what it is I need to do to resolve it. Thanks for any help.

Lutron Technical Support
    Sounds like it may be time to have an electrician check the wiring. Stepping or jumping in a room should never affect the lights. Something appears to be loose. Would turn of the power and double check the wiring. Especially the hot feed that powers the units. Something appears to be loose.