Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Cannot delete, rename or add device.

Exclamation Cannot delete, rename or add device.

The dimmer that controls my Hall lights is able to dim the lights, but it is not working with the app. In app I can see the Hall dimmer but it doesn't correctly reflect current on/off status, and switching on or off via the app does not work (nothing actually happens).

The dimmer worked perfectly until I did a factory reset on it to unpair it from a pico remote.

So I thought I would delete the device and try to add it again. But no luck.

I am unable to delete the Hall dimmer from the Lutron app. Here is what's happening
    • If I try to delete the device in the Lutron app, the app takes about 90 seconds before I receive the message "There was a problem deleting this device please try again."
    • If I try to change the name of the device the app takes about 90 seconds before I receive the message "There was a problem adding this device please try again."
    • If I try to add the dimmer to the app, I am not able to, I receive the message that "The device, Hall, has already been added. Use the device screen to edit this device."

I have tried factory resetting the dimmer. I then tried factory resetting the dimmer while restarting my phone (this was the advice from Lutron tech support). I then tried factory resetting the dimmer while power cycling the Lutron Control unit.

The dimmer is a PD-10NXD.

Help and advice appreciated.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    It sounds like you have a pretty unique situation on your hands. I would have also suggested a force close (or restart) of the app to refresh data. We would like to take a closer look at your issue though, and a support file generated from your app/bridge will help us do this. To generate/send a support file, please go to Settings>Help>Send Feedback while connected to the same Wifi network as your Smart Bridge. This will automatically generate an email and attach the support file. Also, please copy and paste the URL of this thread into the body of that email. That will help us avoid asking you questions you may have already answered here.

Thanks!
    Zach

Quote Originally Posted by Zach R. View Post
    a support file generated from your app/bridge will help us do this.
    Thank you - I have generated the support file and sent it your way. Please let me know if the file reveals any relevant details.

I thought of replacing the dimmer, but (1) it appears to work fine and it really looks more like a software problem, and (2) replacing the dimmer would leave the old Hall dimmer in the app, creating confusion.

The case number is #6919679

An update on the situation.. I performed a factory reset on the Smart Bridge, factory reset all switches and added them back to the app. I can now control the Hall lights from the app. That's good.

However, I now cannot pair a pico remote with the Hall light switch. That's inconvenient because we have a pico switch at the other end of the hall meant to control the lights.

Ok, all is good actually. Added the pico via the app, as I learned through another post in this forum that once a switch is paired with the bridge it can only be paired with a pico via the app. Not intuitive but at least things are working now.